Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting a divorce and will soon need to separate my bill from his. What is the process for that?

Journeyman

I am getting a divorce and will soon need to separate my bill from his. What is the process for that?

I am getting a divorce and will soon need to separate my bill from his.  What is the process for that?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

i would like to know also we have sprint and we both want to keep sprint but want the bill seperated but we have like six months left and and extra line also that we wont need

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi!

It's called a 'Transfer of Liability' and it's pretty straightforward.

You need to call Sprint Customer Care with both parties present.  The account holder initiates the call, then the second person gets on the phone with care.  Their line will be transferred off your bill and onto a brand new bill in their own name.

You're no longer responsable for their phone and bill, and they keep the number.

Takes about 30 minutes more or less.

Thanks!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Wizard

Moved to Customer Service forum.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.