cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot make or receive calls, text nor can i go use the internet unless i'm on WiFi

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot make or receive calls, text nor can i go use the internet unless i'm on WiFi

I have a samsung galaxy nexus and i woke up a yesterday 8/5/2012 with no service it was stuck on roaming. I had called sprint on from my fiances phone and told them what was going on and still nothing the only way i can use my internet is if im on wifi. would be great if i was able to make calls/txt over wifi but i cant.Will i went ahead and looked up the problem and noticed that others had the same issue about 3-4 months ago.Im actually going to go to the store and ask them for a SG3 if this problem cannot be taken care of. PLus i have never actually my family has never had any problems with sprint this is the first time.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: I cannot make or receive calls, text nor can i go use the internet unless i'm on WiFi

Hello and Thank you for using Sprint.com Communities to get help with your mobile service.  Does your fiance also have Sprint and her phone is working fine? If yes, have you tried to set your "mobile network" to Sprint only and reboot your phone?   After a reboot, if you are still seeing roaming and your setting shows Sprint only, we can try an SCRTN to wipe all Sprint programming information and see if it will return back to the Sprint network, if not, we're looking at a full hard reset. 

If the answer to the first question is no, it may be a tower in the area that's down or out of service. 

Let me know so we can get this corrected for you,

Tom

Journeyman

Re: I cannot make or receive calls, text nor can i go use the internet unless i'm on WiFi

HEllo no she doesnt have sprint she has TMobile she suggested i use my wifi to make calls and txt but i told her we dont have that at sprint which is what she does once shes at home ...i have called twice today and never recieved a call back until 12:45pm i was already on the phone with SCS who waited for me to back up my media seeing that the SGN doenst have a memory slot. he alaso informed me that Theres an outage in Orange County,ca wich when i asked the 1st two people about they said there wasnt one.I believe we need to make it so that as sprint costumers if we do have a problem like this especially with towers that are down that we are able to connect through wifi to make and recieve calls or txt instead of having to download an app. thank you-TOM

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.