cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have never been treated so poorly by ANY Customer service before Sprint....

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have never been treated so poorly by ANY Customer service before Sprint....

I have been with Sprint since 2011. I am eligible for upgrade in July on the 2 lines I carry here. Both phones have seen better days, and my fiancee and I decided we might not be able to wait. I called on 1/23/13 to ask about early upgrade options. Was under the assumption for a $225.00 fee. We could upgrade early. Was even nice enough to bill the fee on my next bill. Off to Best buy we go for new phones, only to find that only my line is eligible. So I contact customer service and am informed that I would need to pay an additional $175.00 for the second line. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!. So I kindly ask that the upgrade be reset, and the fee taken off. After threatening to cancel, and go to Verizon, I was promised that I would have the issue resolved in 3-5 business days. 7 business days, and 2 non business days later, still no results. I call back and am rudely told my request was denied, all after being promised that my issue was resolved. Ever the salesman, Pete the Account Services rep does his best to help me spend more money to get a phone. Sorry we swindled you out of 225 dollars, but hey if you spend a couple hundred more you can still have 2 new phones!!!!! Not what I asked for. I expressed the fact that I felt as though Sprint did not care about me as a customer, or the $180.00 plus per month I pay religiously (albeit sometimes late). After another go, and me venting my frustration with the terrible customer service I was receiving, Pete was unable to contain himself. He decided that it was funny that I was taken for an extra $225.00 for a service I was misled about, and never recieved. After I ranted for about 4 minutes about how this is not OK he actually chuckled at me. I then told him, I would not be laughed at and terminated the conversation. I called back immediately and asked to speak to someone who would put up with my anger, without laughing at me. I was transferred to an Account Services Rep named Tanisha (sorry if I misspelled). While talking to her, Pete the "sorry we screwed you.....ha ha" salesman, started calling my fiancees line over and over again. Then left a voicemail telling her he did not understand why I terminated the conversation, and that amazon.com had an amazing deal on the phone I want. Really?????????? But back to Tanisha. She kindly, and calmly listened to my outright hatred for Sprint, and the way they were stealing from me, and lauging about it, and not caring if I decide to pay Verizon 200 a month for some real customer service, instead of paying sprint 180 for a crap-shoot. After this lengthy rant, she  explained why my request was denied, and that it was fixable. Even offered to call me back after 48 hours to update me. I was called, and asked for a few more hours. Time was given. No call. I call again toninght. After explaining the WHOLE MONTH LONG ORDEAL YET AGAIN. I get transferred to another Account services rep. According to her Tanisha had made a "notation" that my request shall be approved, and the refund request was forwarded. But due to the amount I again have to wait for 3-5 business days. I told this lady that I had been told that before. But was disheartened to learn that it was denied. All i wanted to know is if this was going up for approval, or really being taken care of. Could I get a straight answer??? NO!!!. This is not how you treat a customer. I know my measly $180 a month is minuscule in the big picture. But I still feel that I deserve to be treated fairly, and given a truthful answer. I should never have been laughed at. I work retention for a roadside assistance company.  I hear horror stories hourly. If someone wanted a refund for a service they did not recieve, and I found the whole thing funny, and laughed at them, that would have me unemployed, their refund IMMEDIATLY processed, and some free months of service as the companies apology. What did I get??? Sorry, you should see something in 3-5 business days according to what I see in the notations. Where do I go from here. I have been wronged. Apology NOT Accepted. I deserve so much more than I have been given. Sprint does not care about their customers. At least they dont care enough to make you feel like you matter. I could see if I was asking for a year of free service for the little prick laughing at me, then harrasing my fiancee. But all I want is the original issue fixed. Reset my upgrade, and refund the $225.00 NOW. Then I will wait for the contract to expire before going to the competition. Want me to stay?? Show me you care about me. Have someone call me and explain where you tell your reps its OK to laugh at an irate customer. Give me a sincere apology. Then I would consider staying. Couple of free phones would be nice. But like I said. All I want is for you to admit you misled me, and right the wrong. Will I keep my hopes up??? Not a chance, you have proven over this last month, that there is not much hope with you. In the interim, I will be on the Verizon site picking out our replacement phones, should I be denied again, and contacting my lawyer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I have never been treated so poorly by ANY Customer service before Sprint....

I am guessing that you probably spoke with the same "supervisor" that I spoke to last week.  The first two gentlemen I spoke with regarding my issues were kind and concerned and showed sincere understanding and a desire to help resolve our issue.  However, after all of the trouble we have had, I was not satisfied with what they were offering and asked to speak to someone with more decision power.  The "gentleman" who called me back was rude, assuming and condescending.  I only wish I had written down his name.  I was not asking for anything out of line, but he refused to budge. I was told that Sprint is not in the business of offering customers anything for their inconvenience.  Really??  Since when do companies not try to turn an unhappy customer into a satisfied customer by offering something in return?  When I told him that that we would go back to what the second service rep had offered, he didn't want to stand behind that either.  I basically told him that they WOULD be placing that credit on my line because it was offered and that we would be seeking service elsewhere at the end of our contract.  He flat out told me that he would not be giving us any credit at all if we intended to leave Sprint at the end of our contract.  Total, complete crap!  I informed him again that he would be placing the offered credit on our account or I would be filing a formal complaint against him and it was our choice whether we stayed or left at the end of our contract.  I will not be bullied by anyone, especially when I am the customer and I pay for service.  In the end, the credit has been applied and we have a decision to make in November of whether we stay or whether we go.  We have been Sprint customers for a very long time and it makes me sad that one arrogant, power-hungry employee could jeopardize that relationship, but so be it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I have never been treated so poorly by ANY Customer service before Sprint....

Usually ( and by that i mean 99.99% of the times ) the buyout of the contract ( aka "upgrade now promo" or "early upgrade" ) is not refundable, once the offer is accepted. Hate to tell you this, but you don`t have other option here but to upgrade your phone ( and then sell it, or Change of ownership, so you can get back some of the money ).

Highlighted
Wizard

jmclevis,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on Sprint's Community forum and I apologize for such a concerning experience with multiple of our agents.  I would be more than happy to review your account and team up you to locate a solution to help you out.  I don't want to see you go and I am here for you.  Please private message me and include your full name, account number or primary phone number, and security pin or security question so I can begin research on what we have to offer to rectify this situation.  I look forward to hear from you.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Wizard

casicum,

Thank you for clarifying and providing a great suggestion.  Early upgrade fees are non-refundable once accepted and applied to a customers' account.  Also utilizing the Buyback Program on old devices is a great tool to help obtain additional savings which we highly recommend.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am guessing that you probably spoke with the same "supervisor" that I spoke to last week.  The first two gentlemen I spoke with regarding my issues were kind and concerned and showed sincere understanding and a desire to help resolve our issue.  However, after all of the trouble we have had, I was not satisfied with what they were offering and asked to speak to someone with more decision power.  The "gentleman" who called me back was rude, assuming and condescending.  I only wish I had written down his name.  I was not asking for anything out of line, but he refused to budge. I was told that Sprint is not in the business of offering customers anything for their inconvenience.  Really??  Since when do companies not try to turn an unhappy customer into a satisfied customer by offering something in return?  When I told him that that we would go back to what the second service rep had offered, he didn't want to stand behind that either.  I basically told him that they WOULD be placing that credit on my line because it was offered and that we would be seeking service elsewhere at the end of our contract.  He flat out told me that he would not be giving us any credit at all if we intended to leave Sprint at the end of our contract.  Total, complete crap!  I informed him again that he would be placing the offered credit on our account or I would be filing a formal complaint against him and it was our choice whether we stayed or left at the end of our contract.  I will not be bullied by anyone, especially when I am the customer and I pay for service.  In the end, the credit has been applied and we have a decision to make in November of whether we stay or whether we go.  We have been Sprint customers for a very long time and it makes me sad that one arrogant, power-hungry employee could jeopardize that relationship, but so be it.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Well, I just got off the phone with a wonderful supervisor from Financial Services. Was so blown away by the ease of which she solved the problem, that I forgot her name. I explained from the first call all the way up until yesterday, in a very angry, and probably rude tone. Wish I knew her name to apologize. But she did see that I had NOT upgraded the phone, as I wanted to upgrade both lines, and was under the assumption that I was paying the $225.00 fee for BOTH lines. So after verifying that my line had not been upgraded, she apologized for how rude, and condescending the "customer servicge" team was. I love the service I get for what I pay. I could not get the same for any price from any other company. But like you I am now considering another company come November when this contract ends. I looked at JD Power & Associates website today. I was surprised to see that Verizon has the highest customer service rating. And to me Customer service is EVERYTHING. I would rather pay more for lesser service, if I can have good customer service, and have a company that values my service. Like I said I was not screaming, and demanding the charges reversed, and something for my troubles. I just wanted the charges reversed. In the end thats all that I got. So like you I have a few months to decide if Sprint is WORTHY of my patronization, or not.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.