Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not a customer but have a question.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Patron

Earlier I recieved a text from a sprint customer who said somebody from sprint called and is asking them to switch companies. They said they'd waive the early term fee, send her a contract, $1000.00 and give her 45 days to port out her number. I told her to call sprint customer service. The guy she talked to said it was a scam. He hadn't heard of this before. But while looking at her account info, somebody did waive the early term fee.

And left it at that. She told him she would call him when she got the paperwork in the mail.

Is this a scam? What benefit would a scammer get from this?

Who removed her early term fee?

Has anybody else recieved one of these calls?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

If a Sprint customer keeps exceeding the roaming limits outlined in our terms and conditions they would be contacted to let them know they are not abiding by the contract and in danger of termination. If roaming usage continues above the limits stated they may be cancelled without a termination fee. The part about suggesting they switch companies and waiving the termination fee sounds correct. As far as applying any sort of credit beyond waiving the ETF, I have never heard of that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Patron

Ugh, I can't edit my post from my phone...

Ok. She just told me they gave her a callback number of 855-235-8851. As far as I can tell that is sprints roaming department.

She is almost always in roaming. She bought the phone in Kansas but currently lives in Oregon.

Maybe this is legit?

Anybody?

It is not possible to edit your first post if you are the one who created the thread.Maybe it was suppose to be $100 and not $1000?There is no mobile phone company that would pay $1000 to anyone just to get them to join.

Wizard

If a Sprint customer keeps exceeding the roaming limits outlined in our terms and conditions they would be contacted to let them know they are not abiding by the contract and in danger of termination. If roaming usage continues above the limits stated they may be cancelled without a termination fee. The part about suggesting they switch companies and waiving the termination fee sounds correct. As far as applying any sort of credit beyond waiving the ETF, I have never heard of that.

View solution in original post

Patron

Maybe she did mean to say 100 and not 1000. I will ask her later.

But, why didn't the customer service rep know why the cancelation fee was removed?

My husband and I both thought it was a scam at first.

1000 seems like an aweful lot for sprint to be handing out .

I will wait and talk to her again about it.

Thanks!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.