cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I signed up for no data plan and sprint has enabled the phone and charged me for pocket dialing

Go to solution
Journeyman

I signed up for no data plan and sprint has enabled the phone and charged me for pocket dialing

I specifically picked a phone that offered no data plan, chose no data plan, to this day you are not informed on the web site that it is activated and you will be charged for any useage.  I am disabled, and cannot even see the web on this phoine due to its screen size.  The nokia pockedt dfials all the time and ias it turn s out they have billed me for over a hundred dollars over the last six months since I switched from verizon.  I told the supervisor to check the useage so she could confirm i have never entered a single keystroke, she did, and then proceeded to credit me for only two months because that is your limit.  This is an outright scam,if i choose not to order a data plan then you have a legal obligation to inform me that it is still active and that you will be billing me for inadvertant keystrokes.  You actually say it is my fault that I did not call and block somthing I purposely did not order.  I have a phone that is capable of generating 25 dollars a month in poclket dials I wonder just how much incom e that is for sprint.  We are talking about a hundred dollars, I cannot believe you care for your customers.  I will be writing JD posers to tell the just what a bunch ofi diots they are.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: I signed up for no data plan and sprint has enabled the phone and charged me for pocket dialing

I am sorry that this has happened to you.   Has the data been disabled on the phone now?  The problem you are encountering is not a common one.  Again I apologize for the  frustration.   If you are not sure data has been disabled please private message me and I will be happy to check and confirm that it is disabled.

Fred

Sprint Tech 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: I signed up for no data plan and sprint has enabled the phone and charged me for pocket dialing

I'm just another customer, but your post has me confused as all heck.

What does Data or No Data have to do with pocket dialing? The former involves Internet traffic, like email or websites, the latter indicates a voice connection. Meaning, if anything, your pocket dialing is causing you to go over on your minutes instead of using Data.

No emails, no web browsing, no data... pocket calling the last number dialed is a voice connection and isn't data.

I think you should check your bill and clarify what you're getting charged for. If it's minutes, then the only suggestion I can give is find another place to put the phone or lock the keys before putting it in your pocket.

Master

I am sorry that this has happened to you.   Has the data been disabled on the phone now?  The problem you are encountering is not a common one.  Again I apologize for the  frustration.   If you are not sure data has been disabled please private message me and I will be happy to check and confirm that it is disabled.

Fred

Sprint Tech 

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.