cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Back Charge - Billing

Journeyman

Insurance Back Charge - Billing

Last year, I added a new phone line to my account and somehow, the agent took the insurance off my phone.  I have been in discussions with Sprint since the error was noticed and they refused to add the insurance back on because it was outside the 30-day window.  Finally, about 2 months ago, I was able to contact an agent who was able to add the insurance back on my phone.  My charge was for 1 month plus a prorate and I was happy the insurane was added back to my account.

Now, Sprint has decided that I am to be back-charged for all the months I was without insurance.  If I would have taken my phone in for repair during the months w/o insurance, Sprint would have charged me full price for repair, replacement, etc.  Also, if I was going to back-charged, why didn't they do it last month when the charges were added on instead of waiting over a month to do so. 

This morning, I called Sprint and they said it is within their rights to back-charge me for any/all services even if I did not have them.  All the Rep would say is, "Sorry Ma'am...we cannot credit the charge because it is valid." no matter what the question was that I asked, they kept giving the same response.

I would like to know how Sprint can justify their actions.  All I am asking for is the credit back of $66 and all they will do is provide a canned response.  Such poor robotic customer service.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Insurance Back Charge - Billing

FabNafNaf,

Thank you for contacting us here on Community about this concerning matter and we would like to help.  Please send me a private message with your full name, account number or primary phone number, and your security pin or answer to your security question this way we can review your account details of this situation to get a better understanding of what's going on.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Insurance Back Charge - Billing

FabNafNaf,

Thanks for the post.Sorry for the confusion on this. The charge was added to the account per customer's request to have TEP, ERP. or ESRP re-added to the account that was removed in error or expired in error.  Asurion, the program administrator, agreed to re-add TEP, ERP. or ESRP with the condition that TEP, ERP. or ESRP be back billed up to 6 months. If the insurance was not removed you would have paid the monthly service charge for the feature. So in order to be added back it would have been like it was never taken off. Also if you had a claim during that time you would have been reimbursed for any charges inccured due to not having the insurance. This situation would have only happend is TEP was removed in error and re-added as such. If you would have removed TEP on your own the only way to add it back would be from an open enrollment, which is what we are doing this month. I hope I was able to explain it a little better.

Victor

Sprint Social Care.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.