cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance is a freaking joke.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Insurance is a freaking joke.

My wife and I bought Samsung Galaxy II phones last year (the day before they announced Galaxy III, in fact). My wife has insurance at 8 bucks a month. That is 96.00 for the past year. She damaged her phone tonight. The deductible is $100.00. They are currently giving away Samsung Galaxy II, and the Samsung Galaxy IV is supposed to be unveiled this month (if it hasn't been unveiled already). Okay, so they want me to pay $196.00 for a phone that became old last year? When we paid 300.00 for it to begin with...I see...I don't think so. We also pay the extra 10 bucks a month for 4g, even though there is no 4g within 300 miles of our house, so that is just an extra 10 bucks for sprint per month. For all that loyalty, we are only being charged another $100? Don't pee down my leg and tell me it's raining. Oh, I know, insurance is the biggest rip off of all time...but I didn't have it on my phone...my wife has it on her phone. SO, what we are going to do is let my wife have my phone. I am going to go out and get the cheapest phone possible, and transfer our number to that phone. We'll change the family plan to individual plan, and sprint will lose 70 dollars a month. In a year, that will be 840 dollars...their loss for trying to weasel 100 bucks from me. And, next year, when our contract is up, we'll slide on over to another company. Our phone bill is $1920 per year...you won't miss us at all.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Insurance is a freaking joke.

martinhatesstupidnicknames,

I am here for you, and always want to help as much as I can! What is wrong with your wife’s phone? Have you already taken it into a service and repair store? You can find a service and repair at sprintstorelocator.com. The phone insurance is through a 3ed party called Asurion. Their website is Asurion.com.  They are also the insurance for most cellphone carriers. Their insurance works like all other insurances. You pay a monthly fee and if something were to happen there is a deductible. The great part about having insurance in the first place is if something minor happens to your phone and you have insurance (TEP) we will fix your phone at no charge. If you do not have insurance it is $50 to have the service and repair store repair your phone. If something major happens to your phone you don’t have to pay the full amount for a phone. Currently I show the GS2 is $499.99 through Sprint without upgrade.

The $10 premium data charge you are referring is not for 4G. This is for smart phones. On average smart phones use 10x’s more data than a basic phone. A good example of a 3G phone that gets charged the $10 premium data is the iPhone4. If there is anything else I can answer, please ask!

Thanks!

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Tuesday-Saturday 11am-8pm MST.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Insurance is a freaking joke.

When will people start taking responsibility for their own financial decisions. Be informed. You make opt-in decisions and then bad mouth something you can opt out of. The terms are plain and costs simple in the coverage brochure.

And quit piling on with the lame duck $10 premium data bit. Thats also up front before you purchase.

The value is very much there for some. Unlimited repairs at no cost while you have the coverage (many same day), and people are protected against unexpected high out of pocket costs. Not everyone wants to purchase on craigslist/ebay when accidentals happen. With TEP they get the phone next day and they're back to normal. Convenience. That's what some people want. Of course it's overpriced.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.