Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Living

Patron

International Living

I need some help with some customer service issues that I have been having. Recently my wife and I moved to South Korea for a job. We contacted sprint and talked to a guy about what I could do to shut off my phone. I was told I needed to provide proof that I was leaving the country by getting a copy of my one way flight itinerary/tickets and then I needed to mail my phone back. The phone would cover the cancellation fee. So I did. I mailed my phone back and mailed sprint my ticket/itinerary. When I got to Korea I contacted customer service through an email on how to check my account balance (long story/ sprint never gave me a pin when I set up my account and because I had to close it I had to get a special pin and it still wouldn't let me access my account because my service was disconnected), and they said I could use chat services to  solve any problems I had or to pay my bill. It seemed everything was going fine until I received a bill about a week ago saying I owed sprint $250 dollars. I contacted customer support again and they told me there was nothing they could do for me that I had to contact international account services. The lady refused to help me. Didn't give me any information. I told her I had the email receipt of returning my phone and that I had already contacted account services about closing my phone.

So here are my problems. I returned a motorola photon to close my account and not be billed. I was billed. So either I want my phone back (which does me no good in korea) or I want help on how to close my account. Sprint cannot take my phone back (being my property) and then charge me extra for giving them back a phone. My other problem is that if I never contacted sprint support I never would have received the box to mail my phone back in. And Sprint would never have sent me a receipt for it.

Customer: I did and was told to contact chat support for account inquiries.
Customer: Because I do not have international calling at this time.
Carmen K.: I am sorry sir, there is no noted that you have contacted our Account Service team.
Carmen K.: In that case you can contact our international team.

After coming on the forums it looks like sprint tries to avoid keeping records of when people contacted them. But I have proof. I have the extension numbers of the people I contacted. I have his name. I cannot use skype to make a phone call because I have to go to a pc bang/bong to use the internet. Which requires me to travel over an hour on bus and then pay per hour. And they don't allow voip at any pc bongs that are around where I live.

How can I contact sprint directly through email to a customer service employee who wants to listen to me and help me. I am doing all that I can to close this and not get charged and even though I would like to come back to sprint when I am done with my job sprint is not doing a good job of convincing me to come back right now. What I want sprint... Is for you to convince me that I am worth another 2 year contract. If I have to pay this charge I will contact the BBB and report stolen property (my phone). But I loved my spint coverage and phone. Convince me that there are some employees willing to help. I will send copies of my visa/ARC cards. Copy of my bank statement which is licensed to my korean address. But I warn you it is all in Korean.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: International Living

Good morning,

Woah. Sorry to hear of the mix up. No worries. I am here and I can help you. Please private message me with your account information. I would need your account number or phone number as well as the pin code or answer to your security question. Also, please include any information you can to help me. Such as when you contacted us, what department you spoke to, when you sent the phone back and so on. I will get working on it as soon as possible and get back to you.

Looking forward to working with you,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Patron

Hi Heather. Thanks for replying. I appreciate your enthusiasm and I'd still like to solve this.

I don't know if it's because I posted on the forums or sent so many emails but someone finally emailed me back and said that my information would be "forwarded." Again. Then today which would be your ... yesterday, I received an email from someone from in the Executive & Regulatory Services. My ruckus seems to have raised some attention.

I will try one more time to solve this through the email. I did find out though in another email just recieved that Sprint has magically been able to find my missing phone. That had been succesfully returned and fully processed.

So I don't know if it was you who passed on my concerns but thank you. Hopefully I won't need to come back and ask you for help.

Highlighted

Good Morning inkorea,

Glad to hear that your concern is getting taken care of. That makes my job easier. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything else. We are always here for you.

Take care,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.