cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to just cancel my phone line if I am the primary account holder of a Shared Family Plan?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible to just cancel my phone line if I am the primary account holder of a Shared Family Plan?

Could I possibly have the service moved over to one of the other users, (theres two others by the way) or would I have to cancel both of their lines too? Basically, the way I understand it is, I pay $130 while the other lines are $20 more a month plus add another $10 a month per line because they are all smartphones PLUS ANOTHER $5 per line per month for something called a spending limit program charge, which comes out to $195 plus tax its almost $220 a month. So, could I possibly just cancell my line and move the $130 over to another line and have the extra line at $20 more plus everything else I wrote earlier. Bottom line is I just want to cancel my phone line (but the other two want to keep theirs) but with me being the one who got the plan; I have no idea if this is even possible.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Is it possible to just cancel my phone line if I am the primary account holder of a Shared Family Plan?

I do believe you can transfer the account name/information over to another person. I would just call, or better yet go to a Sprint Corporate store with the person and get it done there. And if you cancel your line, I'm sure they will charge you an arm and leg as part of the cancellation fees

Master

Re: Is it possible to just cancel my phone line if I am the primary account holder of a Shared Family Plan?

luiville01 wrote:

Could I possibly have the service moved over to one of the other users, (theres two others by the way) or would I have to cancel both of their lines too? Basically, the way I understand it is, I pay $130 while the other lines are $20 more a month plus add another $10 a month per line because they are all smartphones PLUS ANOTHER $5 per line per month for something called a spending limit program charge, which comes out to $195 plus tax its almost $220 a month. So, could I possibly just cancell my line and move the $130 over to another line and have the extra line at $20 more plus everything else I wrote earlier. Bottom line is I just want to cancel my phone line (but the other two want to keep theirs) but with me being the one who got the plan; I have no idea if this is even possible.

That is exactly how it would work. If the primary line on a family plan is cancelled, one of the secondary lines will be set as the primary to replace it.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.