cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HTC Evo 3D is recieving texts late!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My HTC Evo 3D is recieving texts late!

About 3 months ago I got a new phone (HTC Evo 3D). Its been running good and smoothly for a few weeks. But then I noticed that I can send texts, but when someone texts me back it takes at least 2 - 10 mintes to reach my phone. Usually when I recieve a text, a whole bunch of them pop up and they were the ones that should've came to my phone earlier. I don't know if its my network or my phone causing it to do that. 2 months ago I called Sprint and they told me to update my phone, and reset it to the factory settings. But that didn't fix the problem. They told me that they made a ticket to take my phone to a near Sprint repair store. So I did that, and they said that they went into my phone and fixed it. Its been 3 months I am still recieving texts not on time, and it is really fraustraiting! I tried new messeging apps, that didn't work. Everyday I consatntly update my profile and the PRL, that didn't help. So I am out of options of what I can do. Is there anything else I can try? What do you think is causing it?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: My HTC Evo 3D is recieving texts late!

Does your device ever show roaming? Do you have any task killer or battery extender programs loaded?

Are the delayed messages from Sprint users or other carriers or both? Does this happen no matter where you are or mainly in one location?

Have you checked your coverage for the locations this happens at by going to coverage.sprint.com?

Updating the profile is a process that updates the username and password for data connections - does nothing for text or voice calls. Update PRL is for when you are in an area where there is not a Sprint cell site near you- usually very rural locations - and it advises/authorizes your phone to roam on other carriers networks. It does nothing for text messages.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Thanks for using the forums!         To see the status of upgrades in your area go to https://network.sprint.com/

Journeyman

I mostly use my phone in my room when i'm not at school. When it is in my room, it usually data roams. I don't use a task killer, but I do use a batter saver called "Juice Defender". I mostly get delayed text messages from other carriers. I usually get delayed messages in my room, and sometimes outside my room. I did go to coverage.sprint.com and it said my area "best" connection. If you want to check for yourself, my zip code is 98902. I have been expierencing this problem for a long time now, but I am not seeing any changes.

Master

If you drop into roaming occasionally in your home the text issue is not really preventable. This will also account for increased battery usage because your device is searching for a better network connection. Please reply to my private message so that I can get more info to identify your issue and narrow down which sector/tower you are registering on.

Larry

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.