Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in understanding how to change my telephone number on my plan

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Need help in understanding how to change my telephone number on my plan

Husband and I have chicago numbers but now reside in GA.  have had the same phone numbers for 10 years and now want to switch to GA numbers.  is there a way to do that but keep our current phone numbers to just go to voicemail to tell people that we now have a new number?  i dont mind paying a minmal line charge since the old numbers wont ring on any device but need to move to GA.  have been in GA for 6 years and i'm tired of paying for illinois 911 and other associated charges plus GA since i live here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

That would be a nice feature to have, however, with mobile numbers once a number is released, a voicemail box is no longer active for that number. So it would not be possible to have a forwarded message alerting callers of your number change. Most people that I know will send a text message alerting them of the number change.

Markie_B

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wizard

That would be a nice feature to have, however, with mobile numbers once a number is released, a voicemail box is no longer active for that number. So it would not be possible to have a forwarded message alerting callers of your number change. Most people that I know will send a text message alerting them of the number change.

Markie_B

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.