ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Early Upgrades?!?

Journeyman

No More Early Upgrades?!?

I wanted to spend a little extra to get a new phone for christmas by buying out the rest of my contract.  The phone I have now is AWFUL and I can't wait until April to upgrade.  I called today to buy out the rest of my contract and was told that this is no longer a possibility!! That is absolutely ridiculous, the terms are in my existing contract that there is a rate I pay to buy it out and the closer I get to the end, the cheaper it gets. I planned on paying for a new phone, and renewing for another 2 years.  I hope this new policy is reversed in the near future.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No More Early Upgrades?!?

jordanp227,

The Upgrade Now program is not currently available. I apologize that this offer is not available at this time. I would like to suggest checking back with us after the first of the year for status on the program. We can check your eligibility at that time.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I feel your pain.  Especially when Sprint offers this in response to a customer service issue.  We called a couple of weeks ago, Sprint offers this and I specifically ask if this will expire and get the "Oh no, your account is noted". Call today and am told so sorry, your loss.  And then to call back???? Uh no, how about Sprint calls me since Sprint decides to lie to customers.  Sprint takes my money every month and then wants to stick it to me. HORRIBLE and beyond unethical. 

Wizard

what phone model you wanting to get?

Journeyman

I had a similar situation. Been with Nextel and Sprint for 12 years. Went in last Friday to a Company owned Sprint Store and they were having Server or Computer issues and the store was paralized. I went by there last night and the store employee informed me of the same situation you stated. Called Customer Service and the same as you stated. This Policy is not customer freindly especially when you are going to pay them for the time left on a contract and then have to sign a new 2 year contract. I left went across the street to the ATT Store and they will not pay off the contract, but their deals are much more enticing than what Sprint has on this website. When you consider the amount of money Sprint has made off of loyal customers and the attitude they have now, I believe there are some serious customer issues on the horizon if this is the new corporate attitude. I am defintely considering and analyzing the ATT program. What's really interesting is that most customers are willing to pay a little more if they are being taken care of. When you look at what Sprint is making on it's loyal customers, customer service should be second to none. This was not the Corporate attitude of Nextel.

Journeyman

Oh by the way forgot to mention the fact that the Sprint family locator does not work with I phones in our area and they have promised that the issue would be resolved. That was approximately 6 months ago and Sprint still has not corrected that issue. They will still charge you for it even if it does not work.

Wizard

LC696,

I'm truly sorry you feel that way. It's not our intent to cause you such frustration in regards to this. If you qualified we allowed you to buy out the remaining time on your contract.But this was not ever guaranteed.The upgrade early program was around for about 6 months. It was an offer, and being such was removed to make way for future offers. As you stated the other providers have not even considered letting you buyout a contract.  I have no doubt our marketing team is cooking up something new as we speak. I would also like to apologize to you in regards to any poor customer service you might have experienced, this is not the norm around here.  I feel every customer should be handled with respect and courtesy.

If Family Locater is not available for your device, I suggest you have the service removed from your account till they fix the compatibility issue with your particular device.  This way you wont be charged for the service.  This option has always been there for you. 

Journeyman

I agree, completely obsurd to do away with "early upgrade program" as in my case that would have been a christmas present to my kids. I guess sprint doesn't like to make money, as they would have made an extra $100 off me for early upgrade fees. such a HUGE HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT SPRINT is right now to me and im sure to many, especially at this time of year. Great way to treat your customers SPRINT!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.