cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for more than a week...

Highlighted
Journeyman

No service for more than a week...

Sprint is fast approaching breach of contract. A week without service in 20901. No posts on website. Can't call sprint without having to drive away from home to get service. Based on other discussions in this community, one might say a class action lawsuit is warranted. The problem appears to be happening at different locations around the country. Thus affecting thousands of users. I've been loyal to sprint for over ten years. My loyalty is being severely tested. I expect a serious response from sprint within 4 hours or this hits the media for the six o'clock news.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: No service for more than a week...

SWAOP,

Thanks for your post and your long tenure with us. From what I can see in the area, there is an issue with the tower off of Piney Branch. There are at least 10 other towers in the area running optimally and feeding service to blanket the area. To get a better look at exactly what area you're in and the tower associated with it, can you please let me know your cross streets? Additionally, are you fully without service or is the service intermittent? What kind of phone do you have? Please let me know. Thanks.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

University Blvd and Patton Drive.

Evo 3D. New. Just replace a couple of weeks ago.

No service at all. Even though I have 5 bars.

Journeyman

Kerry F.: The ticket number is 9821507    

Kerry F.: Our technicians are working to get the issue resolved and the ETR is 02/26/2013 06:49:00 CST

SWAOP,

Thanks for your reply. The tower corresponding to that ticket is the one off of Piney Branch and is indeed the one that sectors into your area. The surrounding towers may provide residual service, however it may be limited. Technicians are working to get that tower back up as soon as possible and have updated the ticket within the last 15 minutes working on it. We greatly appreciate your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Patience only carries but so far. In excess of one week without service is unacceptable. I need to know why the tower is down. Not just that it is down.

SWAOP,

Thanks for your reply. The tower experienced an unknown initial failure that brought our technicians to the site. They have worked since then in locating the problems that caused the alarms and service interruption and repairing them. The tickets provided do not provide listed technical details as to the source of the failure, but rather the progress and, in certain cases, the actions being undertaken to come to a resolution. In this instance there have been different remedies implemented and site access notations that have ben entered as our technicians work feverishly on a resolution. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

What do you suggest someone do in an emergency? Without service, 911 can't be accessed.

Wizard

SWAOP,

Great question! The Federal Communications Commission requires all cell phone service providers to accept 911 calls from any wireless phone, no matter the carrier or if the phone is no longer active.

Thanks!

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Tuesday-Saturday 11am-8pm mst.

Journeyman

Still no service. Day 8.

SWAOP,

My apologies, please understand that network outages are not taken lightly. I understand how frustrating this must be, our network team is working tirelessly on restoring your service.

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.