cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in Minneapolis?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Outage in Minneapolis?

Is anyone else in Minneapolis having internet connection issues?  I haven't gotten any signal (3G or 4G) since about 8:30 AM.  That's three hours!  Ridiculous...

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Outage in Minneapolis?

I was having the same problem, so I called and got a recording saying, "Due to a fiber cut in the Pacific northwest, you may have issues making or receiving calls, or accessing data services if you are in the Minnesota, Washington, or Oregon areas. The issue has been identified and crews are working diligently to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Hopefully they'll fix it soon?

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I can send and receive calls & texts, but there's no 3G or 4G service for anybody in our family plan. I'm hoping, like meghansue says that they'll be able to fix it soon. I lost it around 10am - well at least that's when I noticed...

Journeyman

Yeah, it was around 10 for me too. And I have the same service issue - texts & calls are unaffected, but no 3G. Here's hoping they get it resolved in short order! *fingers crossed*

Journeyman

Same problem since 7:30. I assumed it was my phone & have turned it on & off like 1,000 times.  : (

Journeyman

Cool, I'm glad it's not just me.  And I'll also stop turning my phone on and off   Sure would be nice if we got some sort of service credit or something when this happens. It's been happening more and more.  It's not like these data plans are cheap, you know?

Journeyman

found this online

Monday, October 8, 2012

Sprint Network Outages Due To Multiple fiber Cuts

Multiple fiber cuts on Sprints IP/MPLS network (including in the states OR, WI, IL, MN) are causing major outages for Sprint subscribers including phone, text & data on wireless and landline.

Phone calls to numbers are either experiencing severe PDD (Post Dial Delay) before the calling party hears the ringing or they are getting operator intercept messages all together stating the number called is not working when in fact they are.

Calls from other providers to the same numbers experience none of the issues.

It is unknown how long this outage will last, but Sprint is expecting the outages to be all day.

Is this affecting you?
Journeyman

I don't buy it, the Push to talk network has been failing off an on for the last few months. now this hiccup with the full data network. (I have Iphone and Duracore) Hopefully they'll compensate all of us for the trouble.

Journeyman

why should they compensate you for a company outage?  If your electricity goes out, do you call your local electric provider requesting and/or demanding credits because of a power outage?

Journeyman

If the power goes out my meter isnt running and charging me anyway. A cellular plan charges you wether or not you use the service. Therefore if Sprint is unable to provide the service the meter should stop running and me being prorated for not having service.... Poor example on your part.

Journeyman

do you do the same with the cable company when the service has a temporary outage or if a station is unavailable because of negotiating tactics or the satellite is down?  Do you harass your cable/satellite provider for that, too?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.