cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shuts off after about two minutes of continous use. What's the issue?

Highlighted

Phone shuts off after about two minutes of continous use. What's the issue?

Basically, anything I do on my phone that's not calling will cause it to abruptly turn off after about one to two minutes. Whether it's texting, e-mail, internet, an application, or what have you, it will just go dark with no sounds or indicator that it's doing so. After this happens, it will not turn on properly (it'll turn on, but will not get past the "4G" screen, where it would just shut off again) unless it is plugged in. The battery is never dead as I always keep it charging, although the battery does seem to drain rather quickly. I've had the phone for a while, and I know that the batteries don't last long, but currently it's only lasting about a quarter as long as when I first got it.

I know there's something wrong, I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue. I plan on taking it to the store when I get a chance. I'm guessing they're going to try a factory reset which I don't think will work, but supposing that is the case, is there any way to back up the information on the phone? I'm wondering if I can just take the microSD card out and copy the contents to my PC, and then just copy it over again after it's been serviced.

Thank you for any and all help or information on this matter.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Phone shuts off after about two minutes of continous use. What's the issue?

MrNiceGuy1987,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would also suggest bringing your phone into one of our local service and repair centers to have the phone looked at. If you have a google account your contacts are already saved there and you can just import them back after the reset. You can also copy the SD card on to your PC to store that information. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.