Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy on cracked screens

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Policy on cracked screens

Hi, so I very recently dropped my phone (an evo 4g) and, lo and behold pretty much shattered the screen. I was wondering what the current policy for replacing it was with sprint with NO insurance on the phone. Is the 35 dollar repair still applicable? What are my options? I am definitely not interested in buying a new $400 phone, and I have a full year until phones are discounted for me...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Policy on cracked screens

If you you have the TEP (total equipment protection) w/c si $8 every month, you can have your phone replaced thru the insurance claim. If you dont have that insurance, unfortunately you need to purchase a new device or purchase one at eBay or craigslist or amazon.

Journeyman

Well that's useless. Are there any companies that could do it?

im not really sure about the other companies but what i know is they're using the same insurance, ASURION.

Wizard

There are mall kisoks in some malls that just replace the screen for $50-$80 on iPhones.  Not sure if they fix other phones.  Probably a lot easier on the iphone since most are almost all the same. 

You can also buy one on ebay.  The EVO 4G with clean ESN(will work on Sprint's network) is about $150 used.  One with a bad esn(will NOT work on Sprint's network) but a good screen would be less but someone would need to swap the screen.  You have many options other than spending $400. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

A friend dropped my Nexus One that I had and spidered the screen. No coverage and out of warrenty. If you call HTC and have them replace it for my Nexus it was around 80 bucks and your out a phone for a few weeks but it can be replaced by the manufacturer.

Here is a website that may replace as well and you may also see if there are local phone repair stores in your area that will repair.

http://www.missionrepair.com/HTC_EVO_Cell_Phone_Repairs_s/563.htm?gclid=CPmNpr_X8K8CFUu4tgod5RccWw.

Ray

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.