cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service Kankakee Illinois 60901

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor Service Kankakee Illinois 60901

I have been with Sprint since 2002 and have always raved about the excellent service and customer service; but that changed this year. I gave up my beloved Blackberry for an Evo 3D and was forced to buy the 4g service even tho I didn't want it. I was also forced to buy the 4g on my daughters 3g Iphone. From the day I enabled my Evo, my service has been shit. At first I thought maybe I had a weaker antenna than my BB. Sprint said that there were plenty of towers around me and that my home must be a dead-zone. Really? I never had a problem before. They sent me the Airave free of charge. It changed all my local weather etc. to Rockford Il. where my DSL comes from. I am hours away from Rockford. Furthermore, It would not allow me to change my locations in the settings. My daughters signal was worse than before the Airave arrived. I returned it when they sent me a bill because I didn't have it plugged in. Dropped calls, failed text, missing voice mails, lost emails and emails I can not reply to.. the list goes on. Now when I hear the forgotten sound of a notification arriving, the excitement quickly vanishes when I discover that it is Sprint letting me know that I am roaming from my desk. "WRITE TO ME A LETTER!"

17 REPLIES 17
Master

Re: Poor Service Kankakee Illinois 60901

I apologize for the issue. I checked your coverage and  there are  Cell Sites  being upgraded to Network Vision. Temporary impairments causing increased Drops and Blocks may occur, in addition to instances of missed calls/calls rolling to voicemail, and other voice service anomalies.Just want to let you know  that upgrade should be complete soon and service should be improved.I can understand this is frustrating for you and we are aware of this issue. I can assure you we are working to not only fix it, but improve your overall customer experience in the area. I will report this issue to our network team ,so that they will be aware of your specific location.

Abe

Journeyman

You are also not being charged "EXTRA" for having a 4g device, all smart phones, are charged the 10.00 premium data fee ... they took it from the plan its self, and broke it up ... SO you are NOT again NOT paying for data services specifically for a 4G phone.

Also, services inside a structred, or residental place, is not guranteed.

Journeyman

Ya, I've heard that before..

Journeyman

I don't have a 4G device .. and get charged the premium data fee .. so yes .. its true .. you are being charged strictly for whatever data your phone is doing ... not what it is capable of ...

Be happy you have unlimited internet .. you won't get it anywhere else.

Journeyman

I never said I had to pay extra for the 4g.  I said I was forced to get the 4g when I didnt want it or need it. If I had never upgraded my phone I wouldnt have had to pay the charge. But because my phone had a 4g option I had to pay for it.

Journeyman

I would be happy paying for unlimited data IF IN FACT I WERE ABLE TO USE IT!

Journeyman

And I quote "Evo 3D and was forced to buy the 4g service even tho I didn't want it. I was also forced to buy the 4g on my daughters 3g Iphone.", you stated that you are paying for 4g on your daughters 3G iPhone ...

There for yes, you stated that you are being charged for 4G data on your 3G only capable device ..

Again, it DOESNT matter, if you are with a 3G or 4G phone, you are going to be charged the premium data fee.

You were paying data before, in your previous plan, .... they now, broke it up into indvidual lines pretty much ... So yes .. you are paying for data services, but again you were as well ...

Again, you are not paying for what type of "G" service your phone uses, you are being charged a "DATA" fee, just like how verizon charges you for How many GB you want to use ...

I don't have any other way to explain it ...

Journeyman

Also, here are the details of the upgrades going on in your area .. takes you directly to the zip code you provided.

https://network.sprint.com/search/60901/

Journeyman

I spoke with a rep when I upgraded my phone and she explained that I would have to pay for the 4g service to use the phone. I told her that I had checked your tower map and the 4g service was not available in my area. She went on to say that Sprint would soon have towers in our area and I would be FORCED to pay it anyway. No matter how you break it down my bill went up and my service went down. How about solving the issue instead of playing word games?

Journeyman

Again, you are not PAYING ANYTHING OTHER THEN A UNLIMITED DATA PLAN .. WEATHER ITS 3G or 4G ... its 10 bucks a month ...

Nextly, I just provided you with the direct LINK of what is GOING ON IN THE ZIP CODE PROVIDED!

USE IT!

https://network.sprint.com/search/60901/

Journeyman

Well finally some useful information! Thank you for proving people right about your lacking customer service skills by being testy with me. I wasn't disgruntled enough.

Here is a little tip. When you are updating your service and customers may experience outages how about a text or an email or a call. Oh.. that is right, I wouldn't receive it.

I am done here.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.