Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Into and Out of SERO from a Non-Sero Sprint Account

Highlighted
Journeyman

Porting Into and Out of SERO from a Non-SERO Sprint Account

I have two separate Sprint accounts under my name, one non-SERO account and one SERO account.

Come August, I'll have been with Sprint for 10 years (non-SERO, Everything Data Account). I would like to (1) port the non-SERO phone number to the SERO account, and (2) port the current SERO account phone number to a Virgin mobile prepaid line.

Does anyone have any experience porting and keeping two different phone numbers intact? If so, can you please give me some advice on what steps to take?

Thank you!

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Wizard

I don't know if that is going to work. In order to do the porting, I am pretty sure you have to be on a currently available plan... porting your non-SERO number could make you change your SERO plan to something currently available (EPRP).

In order to move your number from Sprint to Virgin, it is not a basic port request, as they are essentially the same company. First open an account with Virgin, and get a "temporary" number with them - get a new number assigned to the phone. Then call in to Virgin support and ask to speak to their Migration department. A standard CSR cannot do a migration but they will either 1) try and fail if you tell them you are trying to port a number or 2) tell you that you can't port a number from Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.