cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number help

Highlighted
Journeyman

Porting my number help

I am on a family plan on att, but would like to change to sprint just me, not anyone else on the plan. I believe I am primary account holder so if I ported my number and deactivated the account would the rest of the family plan get deactivated?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Porting my number help

I would check that with ATT since there the ones to know what would happen when you port the primary number to Sprint. Now my recommendation would be to call att and set another line as the primary account (since I am sure one of those line left on the att account will have to be a primary line) and then port your line to Sprint. Note this is just my general opinion but I will make sure with ATT on what to do.

Journeyman

Thank you for the advice!

Journeyman

Also, Will my phone from att be deactivated right when I make the purchase? or what? Because I want to get the iphone 5 and that comes out the 21st so what would happen with that?

Wizard

This is the process for pre order and transferring a number.

• We'll ask you for it when you checkout. 
  • Your phone will continue to work until your new one arrives. 
  • Simply call 866-437-1818 when you receive your phone and follow the prompts.

See for all the pre order information Sprint gives http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_about_preordering_iPhone/case-sp061027-20110830-1145...Smiley Very Happy

Note this is a personal note: when you do the process that called porting (so when you cahnge your number to sprint from att it will take time) for the family member that I help her with took about 20 minutes. It can take up to 24 hours for this to happen. I assume it will take some time on the 21 for this to happen since many costumers will be changing carriers and Sprint and ATT system will be busy. See for more information on porting http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Bring_your_existing_number_to_Sprint/case-wh164052-2010042...

Wizard

DevOneil wrote:

Thank you for the advice!

No problem

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.