cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problems!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Porting problems!

I was planning to purchase 3 phones yesterday 1 for myself and 2 for my parents located in Florida(I am in Colorado). I was only able to purchase an Iphone 4 and 4s in store for my parents while the other iphone4s will be shipped to me  Monday. I was told numerous times that there would be no problem in porting numbers from T-mobile once the phones were recieved(I shipped their phones overnight). So today after my parents received their phone they brought them into their local Sprint store and was told that it could not be done, the reps were having problems with their computers. Instead of calling tech support themselves, they had my parents do it. So my parents call Sprint and they said they got the same error and that it could not be done. I called 3 previous times during the past week to confirm that these numbers could be ported and now they say they have technical problems.If they said that it could not have been done I would not have switched carriers. Fast forward to now, I just got off the phone with the Port department and they said someone will call me back within 24 hours. It seems like an easy process, but this has really made me question switching over to Sprint. If I don't hear back soon I will have to consider canceling.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Porting problems!

In a similarly leaky boat. I bought my new 4S from the Sprint web site and was able to enter my current AT&T number into the form, so I thought porting would be done automatically when my phone is activated. Not so. Apparently the number has to be ported before my phone can be activated. So now here I sit with this beautiful new phone that is reduced to little more than an overpriced iPod touch until Sprint gets its act together. Definitely not a good experience right out of the gate.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.