cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving text message from ESPN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Receiving text message from ESPN

A couple of years ago ESPN stopped serving text alerts to Sprint. Then they started again. The last couple of days I am no longer getting my text alerts from ESPN and I have checked all settings on my end. Any solution?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Receiving text message from ESPN

thelowedown

Just so we can understand, does the message come in as a 4 digit number? This may an issue with short codes being blocked on your account if that’s the case. Do you remember asking for this feature to be blocked? Have you checked on your my sprint account to see if this number was blocked accidently? Lastly, every so often you might need to re-subscribe to the ESPN alerts via their website, have you tried doing that?

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have had the same issue, have not received an ESPN Alert since Wednesday. Tried to do confirmation over again and haven't received that message either.

Wizard

workmanj28

Let's look into this for you. At your leisure, please send me a private message with your full name, phone number, pin code/security answer. We'll take a look at whether there is a block on our end, as far as short codes are concerned.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Just so we can understand, does the message come in as a 4 digit number? This may an issue with short codes being blocked on your account if that’s the case. Do you remember asking for this feature to be blocked? Have you checked on your my sprint account to see if this number was blocked accidently? Lastly, every so often you might need to re-subscribe to the ESPN alerts via their website, have you tried doing that?

The messages are not as 4 digit numbers, but 5 digit numbers. Other shortcode messages still come to my phone from other sources. I checked my ESPN alert subscriptions and they are all set. I even asked for reconfirmation texts, but those never came in.

Edit: Adding, I checked and there are no blocks for texts on my account.

Journeyman

I believe Sprint is blocking these again. I chatted with a support person online and they gave the message that they stopped offering this service through sprint on 4/1/2011. Since they worked in 2012 and through April 24 2013, I don't know if it was a mix up or what, but I assume that they are blocking them again. Further pushing the issue, I got that message that Sprint, again, no longer allows the free alerts from ESPN.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.