cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew contract for 2 years to get a credit to replace 3 week old defective bluetooth?? Be very careful!!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Renew contract for 2 years to get a credit to replace 3 week old defective bluetooth?? Be very careful!!!

I purchased a Plantronics Bluetooth in February, 3 weeks later it the cord would not stay in the charge port.  I had been by the store previous and told them I didn't think it was working properly and they said it was because it was new and give it a little bit.  When I did go in because it would the charger would not stay connected the bluetooth they said they were not responsible for those type of issues, and I could purchase another bluetooth!  Seriously and less than a month later for a $100 bluetooth?  By the way this is for the Smansung Epic that the salesperson assured me was totally bluetooth compatible and it is NOT!!! I can answer and disconnect a call but it does not complete voice commands...you do not get the "say a command"  and it will not announce who is calling, according to Sprint it is a Droid issue and Google is working on it, but it was a known issue to Sprint before I purchased the phone last November.  Of course Google has no live customer service so you get nowhere there.

Anyway, I called Customer Service while in the store and the offered me a "deal" that if I would renew my phone contract for an additional two years they would give me a $100 credit towards the new bluetooth, seriously?  I declined that offer quickly...really they are going to try and suck me in for another two years over a bluetooth that probably cost them $25.00 if that?

I wrote customer service and since I turned downed the "good deal" they are not going to do anything...I have been with Sprint almost 7 years and this last year has been the worst!  Customer service really lacks.

I purchased the new EVO for my daughter in September, in November the phone had to be replaced because it simply crapped out. So they of course give you a "refurbished phone", then in November I purchased the Epic because I prefer the slide out keyboard and then of course after the 30 days realized it was not 100% bluetooth compatible as I was lead to belive.  Which is bad because I travel and most states are hands free.  My other daughter said to heck with them and is paying the cancel fee and is happy as a lark with her iPhone...which leads us to the other Sprint screw up.  Her line was set to disconnect at the end of my billing cycle in February.  March's bill arrived and guess what, it is still there, no surprize actually.  So I called and they said "oh we are not sure what happened, it was scheduled to be disconnected but it must have slipped through the cracks" no, I am not idiot, it means whoever I talked to at the start of February did not enter it correctly! So when I got a little testy when I called yet again to have it taken care of, the CS agent got a little attitude and said it will be done next month and a credit for this month entered like it was not a big deal.  Maybe not for them, they are paid to sit there and answer calls and make and attempt at satisying the customer.  I have a lot better things to do than stay on the phone with Sprint or make multiple trips to there stores to fix mistakes and take crappy merchandise back.

We had four lines on Sprint, one (hopefully) will be off next month, one comes off in August and then we will make a decision on ride out the the last two..

Bottom line, not only research your plan, research your phone, your accessories ANYTHING you plan to purchase from Sprint, as I will not say the sales people are not 100% forthcoming, but they are either lacking in product knowledge, or they give skirt around answers that don't reveal everything they know!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

I have always (5+years) used Plantronics headsets - you can go directly to Plantronics here  http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/replacement-service/?WT.svl=subNav

I have used this twice in my five years of use of about a dozen different models and got fast service - even on a headset that was over a year old. 

Hope this helps ~ I know the headset was only one of your items but Plantronics will make it good for you.

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Master

I have always (5+years) used Plantronics headsets - you can go directly to Plantronics here  http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/replacement-service/?WT.svl=subNav

I have used this twice in my five years of use of about a dozen different models and got fast service - even on a headset that was over a year old. 

Hope this helps ~ I know the headset was only one of your items but Plantronics will make it good for you.

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.