cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat and delayed SMS Text messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Repeat and delayed SMS Text messages.

For many months, I have been having trouble with text messaging.  I would intermittently receive messages many hours after they were sent, and then I would often get multiple copies of the delayed messages.  I was told by a Sprint representative that this was an issue with the cell tower that covered my home.  I was given an Airave to help with this issues, as well as poor signal levels in part of my home.  I got a new phone in December, and the problem persists with the new phone. 

Earlier this month, I moved across town.  New area, different cell tower, same Airave.  Not only have the problems persisted at the new location, they have actually increased in severity.  This is no longer an intermittent issue, but a daily problem.  I receive duplicate messages, sometimes five to six duplicates that may arrive several hours after I initially received the message. 

I have disconnected the Airave in order to isolate the problem.  However, this does not resolve the problem.  I get FEWER duplicates when the Airave is off, but I still get duplicate messages. 

Additionally, this issue is not isolated to the cell tower that covers my home.  I have experienced duplicate messages while I was several miles from my home.  Also, a good friend of mine, who lives nearby and is also a Sprint customer, receives duplicate messages as well -- though usually only from me. 

I have noticed that I often roam to Metro PCS when the Airave is connected.  This has happened at both locations.  Not sure why this happens. 

This is a very frustrating problem.  I hope a Sprint representative is able to resolve this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Repeat and delayed SMS Text messages.

- Concipient

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your extended problem description. This is a huge help. I am more than happy to assist you with this. Sometimes the issue not directly connected to the tower and the cause lies with issues with a switch that serves a certain market. An Airave can sometimes create this issue and might be partial responsible, but as your issue still persists on various locations I am with you that it isn't the root cause of your issue.

Let's start with some basic trouble shooting. To do this I need to ask a few questions and my apologies in advance if they already have been asked before, but I cannot see your history from here.

- Can you give us a zip code and cross streets of your current location?

- What type of phone do you have?

- I assume that people have asked you to update your data profile. Did this give any improvement?

- Has anybody ever put a troubleshooting ticket in for you that you are aware?

If needed we have the ability to do some advanced troubleshooting and we can put in a ticket if needed.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Journeyman

I am in zip code 91423.  Cross streets are Fulton Ave and Moorpark St.  (Formerly, I was in 91506, at Olive & Verdugo.)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III.

I have updated my data profile and PRL.  Neither helped.

No troubleshooting ticket has been opened, that I am aware of.

Thanks!

Journeyman

- Concipent Thank you for that. I reviewed your area and I can see that location you gave is close to the edge of the tower sector that covers it. I do see that they are upgrading the new location. So a few tower alreayd have been replaced by Network Vision towers at least till past 405 and 5. As they are still upgrading that area you can have issues over there. Howver on your old location this is not the case. We have not started upgrading that area, whcih makes me think that a refresh might help out.

Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and security pin/answer? If the refreshes don't help we have some other steps that we can take to get a resolution.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.