cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Store Complaint-Forcing customers to use trade-in value of phones for accessory sales

Highlighted
Patron

Retail Store Complaint-Forcing customers to use trade-in value of phones for accessory sales

I walked into a retail Sprint store (#255 3460 Highland Ave C, National City Ca 91950). Was engaged by employee Chris Landing. Let the employee know I was in the store to do an upgrade to one of my phone lines. He responded by saying lets have a look. Verified my account then proceeded to say yes I do qualify for an upgrade and that I would get my value for trade in of $178 for my near perfect conditioned iPhone 4S but I am required to use 60% of my trade in value purchasing accessories and 40% toward any handset upgrade. In my mind a red flagged came off thinking why would any respectable company demand and forcefully make a long term customer purchase accessories that they do not need. As I asked why I was demanded to use my trade in value towards accessories here and online or sprint customer care do not demand such actions. He stated " well that's how it is in our store and if you don't want to then you can go elsewhere" that his store manager Eri T. placed this policy. I wonder how many customers this manager has had forcefully purchase accessories to benefit his stores accessories sale by cheating customers of real trade in value. Immediately I asked for a manager as he stated there where no managers on duty. He then stated well we are closing in a couple of mins at 7:00PM that "his computers automatically shuts off at 7:00pm and there is nothing he can do" as forcefully trying to eject me from the store stating Sprint does not value their customers business and his personal matters where more important while on duty. I asked for him to call customer care to review policy since Sprint is not a franchise company and policy remains the same on what a customer can do with their trade in value he refused  said no matter what sprint had to say he will not proceed and told me to go else where. I called customer care on my own and was speaking to them while he closed his computers and took his cash drawers to the back then came to the store front literally cursing and using such demeaning language while my elderly mother was there. He proceeded to curse and demanded I leave as he had to close and leave. I stayed on the phone with customer care outside the store and was transferred to a care person since I had enough. As I was about to terminate all 4 of my lines this person could not believe what the other customer service rep informed him of what he heard going on through my phone. He apologized and made sure to place notes in my account that no store can demand a customer to use there trade in value for the purchase of accessories to make a store and its employees look good by cheating customers out of phone value. I am outraged and will be sending formal complaints to the variety of Sprint management. Will be waiting for some sort of response and action on Sprints behalf for such careless management of a retail store. If anyone knows how I can contact the District Manager please feel free to message me.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Retail Store Complaint-Forcing customers to use trade-in value of phones for accessory sales

This needs to go Way beyond a District Manager. Sprint needs to step up on this one.

Journeyman

Re: Retail Store Complaint-Forcing customers to use trade-in value of phones for accessory sales

ANy response?  Did you find out who to contact?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.