My husband and I have been having issues with our backberry curves since we got them and we are both now on our 3rd new blackberry. Nothing has changed-same old issues with the phones locking up all day, etc. I have been on and off the phone with sprint representatives over the past few months.We get the same thing, we can't swap phones/upgrade until our upgrade time. Finally broke down and asked to speak with a supervisor today. Explained to her our frustration being that we are paying customers and need phones that work. We do not want another blackberry that gives us problems, we want a different phone. Being that our upgrades are only months away and we are so unhappy with our blackberries-why are they refusing to resolve the issue for us and let us choose a comparable phone or an early upgrade? I was on and off hold for 30 mins when she tells me they are getting a list together of comparable phones together for us to switch to "please continue to hold." Finally I was getting somewhere. Five minutes on hold and she hangs up or gets disconnected. Does not call any of my lines back. I call back-of course they have no record of the woman supervisor that I spoke to-only her notes "which only says to put you in touch with tech support". ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? On and off hold for another 20 mins with another woman who tells me my only option is to go to the corporate store and have them fix our phones. "I don't know who you spoke to, and I'm sorry, but only our corporate store can make the decision to swap out a phone." SERIOUSLY?? So regardless of a recording (which I know there is) of a supervisor telling me we can get a different comparable phone given our history of issues with the blackberries-that doesn't matter. And regardless of the fact that we are premiere customers with 4 lines through sprint-paying a pretty hefty bill every month-and have had nothing but issue after issue with every blackberry we get- they cannot give us an early upgrade or a comparable swap to another smart phone????? It boggles my mind. Believe me after what I dealed with today we are going to another wireless provider.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience on the phone, i see it all the time with customers that come into my store. The best advise i can give you, if you have gone through 3 exchanges in a short time and no other options have worked, go to your local sprint repair center. They can contact their service and repair supervisor who can authorize them giveing you a new different model at no cost to you. The supervisor will reimburse the store so their cost is met. It is not something that is done often, but reading your post it looks like you would be the ideal customer to take this approach with.
Thank you for your advice, but I feel it's all a lost cause now. After all of this I was told by another cust service rep that he could suggest to us one of their $49.99 phones (that we would have to pay for) and he would call back later. He did call back, saying his supervisor was standing by to talk with me and I was put back and hold for the 100th time. I waited there for 15 minutes before finally hanging up-no call back. At this point I just want to file a complaint, go to a store and terminate our 4 lines. I've had it. They have no concern for their customers problems or time. Telling me to "upgrade" to a $50 phone after we paid quite a bit for our berries? That's all they have to offer us? And it's a different story from every person I talk to. I'm over dealing with all of this.
I completly understand, i work in one of the indirect stores and when i call our own support line every rep seems to have different rules to follow, some can do things that others cant, and some are just unwilling to help. That's not really a sprint issue but a human issue. Every company has their bad seeds, with sprint being number 1 in customer service id be scared to go to another provider to get even worse service than you described above. Keep in mind early termination fees for all lines will apply if applicable. Personally, I'd consider that $50 option a slap in the face, but that's not enough to let you out of the contracts.
I agree I have been a long standing customer with Spring since the late 1990's and my recent experience this past week was unacceptable. they even delete one of my posts, which I am re-posting here in hopes that someone from sprint is listening rather than just deleting becuase it is the harsh truth
I am absolutely NOT HAPPY with Sprint. I have been a long time customer since the late 1990’s. It has been up and down in terms of customer service for me. Overall I understand that each carrier has its shares of dropped calls and spotty coverage in certain areas, but where Sprint can and SHOULD differentiate is providing better customer service, especially with long time customers.
My contract had been expired for some time, after some research I decided to renew my contract and stay with Sprint. I purchased an HTC Evo and a HTC Evo shift (the rebate process is a joke, as best buy offers the phones without going through the process).
I have only had the phones for just a little over ONE MONTH and have had a NUMBER OF TECHNICAL ISSUES with the phones, voice and data issues as well equipment (since I got the phones I must have spent 30+ hours getting the phones to work, over phone and in person. Customers should not have to spend this much time getting new phones or any electronics to work!). My issues since getting the new phones:
- EVO Shift was defective, kept getting the run around in trying to get the phone replaced. Finally a nice manager was able to replace the phone for me at a local store. This happened after 5-6 phones calls, wasting 5-6 hours and a number of in-store visits. Probably wasted 12 hours in this alone!
- The EVO shift was replaced by one of the stores, but the power button was not working properly, came back to the store that replaced it, someone looked at it and said it was fine, did not give it to a technician to look at.
- Still under a month, I continued to have voice/data connection issues and device specific issues with both the EVO and the EVO Shift, continued to call support to help fix over and over again. The support folks continued wipe, reset the phone, push updates and asked me to pull battery out. Everything seemed to be working fine after countless hours of time spent w/ support trying to fix both phones
- Now about a week after the 30 day “return policy” I encountered ISSUES w/ both phones (no incoming and intermittent outgoing and data issues). I spent 3 hours this past Sunday with a support rep to fix the problem. She was VERY NICE and exhausted all resources to help fix both phones, I wish all support folks were this nice, helpful and understanding. She was NOT ABLE to fix the issue and suggested that I go into a sprint store to have someone check out both phones. I made an appointment and spent another 4-5 hours at the sprint store, basically wasting my ENTIRE SUNDAY. They were able to fix the HTC Shift (power button and a number of other issues), but the EVO apparently had issues and had to be replaced. What was upsetting is that being 1-2 weeks over the 30 day return period they still charged me $40 fee to replace the phone, RIDICULOUS! I can understand if it’s a few months or a year, but a few weeks! I agreed so they could order a replacement since my wife needs her phone, she is now without a phone for 1.5 weeks! I called sprint customer support to complain and explain my situation that a customer should not have to spend this much time getting brand new phones to work, but of course got the run-around, they did not care that I was a long standing LOYAL customer and my experience was lousy since renewing and getting the new phones. All he could offer was a credit, not even for the full amount of the charge to order the new phone (HTC EVO) and small credit for my time spend trying to get BRAND NEW PHONES TO WORK! Not acceptable in my mind. Plus they continue to push the insurance, which in my mind is a way for Sprint to nickel and dime everyone.
- I have voiced my displeasure and no one from Sprint seems to care. I would cancel, but do NOT want eat $500. You would think that in a competitive market and Sprint being a smaller player they would try to differentiate by their customer services by retaining existing customers. I will continue to voice my displeasure in the hopes that someone listens and does something.
That first supervisor you were talking to was going to get you to our tech support b/c they have a department called multiple device replacement where if you have had your phone replaced 3 times they work with you to get you into a different model phone. I understand how you feel, I work at a call center for sprint and get upset customers b/c a previous agent just didn't know the answer or just didnt ask for help. If you plan on calling back in just say you need the multiple device replacement dept, maybe you'll get me
same here, the customer service has frustrated me beyond belief, also been with Sprint a very long time no problems untill this last 2 years. i think they are losing alot of people and really do not know what to do
My curve crapped out this weekend. The keyboard wouldn't work - as in the key i pressed was not what showed up on the screen. Which also caused a problem of not being able to even answer a phone call. I was visiting my parents at the time but new there was a Sprint store nearby. I ran over there and the person working took my phone after I explained and showed him the problem. He took the battery out and put it back in ( which I had done 3 times). When that didn't work he said there wasn't anything he could do and went back to playing his computer game. I went back to the house and called Sprint. I explained the problem and they told me they would put through a work order so I could go back to that store and get a new phone. I got back in my car, drove back to the store to have the person there say that he still could not replace the phone because all the replacement phones have to be shipped. I am sure this is company policy but it is very frustrating when there is a pile of new phones. I am a paying customer, take care of me then sort it out internally! I went back to the house and called Sprint again, I was put on hold and "disconnected" after 10 min. I then called back ( 3rd time in 30 min) after explaining for the 100th time what the problem was they tell me they can replace the phone for $35 because I don't have the insurance. FINE, then they tell me that because my plan has a spending limit they cannot do it over the phone and will have to wait until Monday, go to a store, pay $35 and wait 2-3 days for a new curve. All this time completly unable to use my phone! And what really gets to me is that everyone I know with a curve has problems with it!!! Even if they have a diffrent carrier! Admit to the issue and just send me a diffrent phone!
similar problem with my Evo(refurbished) been 2 weeks in process now, finally the tech is in, guess he works few days a week. and yes the phone customer care line is a joke, btw, if you post about 10 complaints here moderators start to just erase your posts....hahahah yeah, i did not write anything offensive just spoke my bad experiences with sprint lately.
the tech said he is going to wipe my phone to factory that will solve it.....um...i tried that like 5 times,...ITS A HARDWARE ISSUE! and if i want to replace mine it would be $100 dollars and thats with my insurance, just rediculous!!!