cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling an old phone

Go to solution
Highlighted

Selling an old phone

So I just upgraded from a GS3 to the HTC ONE (awesome phone) and I am planning on selling the GS3 on ebay. but I need to know a few things.

First I need to have my ESN checked

Second how do I pull my sprint phone number/user profile/ and sprint email address off the phones settings?

And lastly is there anything that I must do before selling my GS3?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: Selling an old phone

jerryharris88

The first thing you will want to do before selling your device is perform a factory reset. The factory reset will wipe out all your personal information and set the phone back to it's original out-of-box state. You do this under Settings> Backup and Reset > Factory data reset.

Regarding your ESN: The purpose of checking an ESN is to verify a used phone is not marked as lost or stolen and not attached to a delinquent account. As long as you activate a new phone on your phone number and have not called in to report the phone lost or stolen there will be no need for an ESN check on your side. The buyer may request the ESN so they can check it. Please keep in mind this is sensitive information and you want to be careful giving it out to just anyone.

Thank you,

Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Selling an old phone

jerryharris88

The first thing you will want to do before selling your device is perform a factory reset. The factory reset will wipe out all your personal information and set the phone back to it's original out-of-box state. You do this under Settings> Backup and Reset > Factory data reset.

Regarding your ESN: The purpose of checking an ESN is to verify a used phone is not marked as lost or stolen and not attached to a delinquent account. As long as you activate a new phone on your phone number and have not called in to report the phone lost or stolen there will be no need for an ESN check on your side. The buyer may request the ESN so they can check it. Please keep in mind this is sensitive information and you want to be careful giving it out to just anyone.

Thank you,

Chris

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.