cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service and Repair Without TEP?/ swap device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service and Repair Without TEP?/ swap device.

i have 2 questions,. First.how much does it cost for the repair without having the insurance plan? i googled in some forums they said it would charge like $35,but i just wanted to make sure coz i am planning to cancel my TEP in one of my line, and leaving the new device im upgrading next month for it would cost $11 for the lte devices,.i dont think i cant afford so just to lower the cost of my monthly bill.. 2nd, i know swapping/flipflop devices are possible in the same line, coz im going to take my husband's upgrade eligibility next month and im getting an S3 at Bestbuy, and he'll take my Evo3d my question is can we be able to swap the device insurance as well and cancel the evo3d TEP on his line and keep the S3 insurance on my line?my point is i just want to have the s3 insured and not the evo3d and how can i do that?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Service and Repair Without TEP?/ swap device.

Yes, you can keep TEP active on just one line or all lines, it doesn't require you to have it on all lines.  The $35 repair cost is if you need to take your phone in for repair/swap for manufacturers defects without the TEP program.  If the phone is phsyically damaged, you would not be covered and would be responsible for the full replacement cost of the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Service and Repair Without TEP?/ swap device.

yea i got that sir, but i was asking since i will get the upgraded device (swap)on my line that is not eligible till next year should i keep my insurance on my line for the new device and cancel the 1st line insurance (that has evo 3d) that is eligible for next month? or should i keep the 1st line insurance and cancel my line's insurance? i just dont wanna have troubles with the sprint repair employees if i turned in the device for repair and the device was on my number instead of the 1st line which is originally have that eligibility, i know this sounds confusing, but hopefully you will get my point..

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.