cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage in San Diego 92124 on may 6, 2013 at 8PM?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service outage in San Diego 92124 on may 6, 2013 at 8PM?

My iPhone 5 shows No Service since abt 8PM. There is no phone, no data, no internet, no email.

Zip, zero, nada. I connected to my Time Warner WiFi to post this. What is the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Service outage in San Diego 92124 on may 6, 2013 at 8PM?

Izus,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with you service!  The good news is that there is currently an open issue in that area based on your zip code you provided. This should only be temporary as our technicians are actively engaged to resolve the situation! We appreciate your patience during the issue!

Troy Glidden

Service and Repair Process Improvement Manager
Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

There will be constant problems for years while sprint is doing network vision, Sprint is also outsourcing technical support jobs to incompetent people. I suggest you switch carries or you are going to end up with no service for quite a long time before I quit I looked up on a tool called Glance in California San Diego was slotted for network vision, things will not get better for months. Do not trust the responses you receive on these forums from sprint, the majority of them do not know about or how to use Glance/cell site finder or even understand the basics of networking. They simply open up the NEB without checking stats on the towers to determine if there is a problem or not and just go buy what the ticket tells them when the truth is buried elsewhere.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Network Vision deployments can come with some service related hiccups, however, once the deployment has been fully implemented it has phenomenal results.  Voice services, 3G Services, and 4G LTE services are vastly improved with Network Vision. 

I did do thorough research on the issue, however, at this time all I can tell is that there is a service event in the zip code provided and is expected to be a temporary issue.  If that area was in fact slated for Network Vision deployment as you mentioned you previously saw, it could be related to that, however, I do not have the San Diego market listed as one of my preferred areas so I cannot access more into it in our GLANCE Tool. 

Troy Glidden

Service and Repair Process Improvement Manager
Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.