Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe Alerts

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Severe Alerts

I got five severe alert messages  around 5:00pm eastern today.  They all said test and to call customer service with questions.  I was on a conference call so I joined online chat.  Person on other end did not know anything about them and just had me reboot my phone.

Alerts are Emergency Alerts, Severe Alert, February 15, 2012 5:02pm

Test Alert of CMAS alert system, this is a test.  Questions, contact sprint customer care

expiration February 15, 2012 5:07pm

Anyone know anything about these alerts and what they mean?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Severe Alerts

What Sprint phones are WEA capable?

Sanyo Inuendo/Sanyo Vero/Sanyo Milano/HTC EVO 3D/Samsung Galaxy SII 4G Touch/LG Marque/Kyocera DuraMax/Kyocera Duracore/Kyocera Brio/Samsung Trender/HTC EVO Design 4G/Samsung Transform Ultra.

How to Turn Wireless Emergency Alert Client On

How do I turn on the WEA/CMAS client on my WEA capable device?

1. Go to the phone’s dialer/

2. Dial ##CMAS# or ##2627#

3. Choose to enable the CMAS client.

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a   national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and   Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly   disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to   wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location.

WEA messages are free. They are a public service brought to you  by Sprint in cooperation with Federal, State, and local public safety  agencies.

Check out these links for more information including  if your phone is  capable, how to turn it on and off and a list of  markets which have this  functionality rolled out. Expect more markets  to come online soon.

Is my phone capable to recieve Wireless Emergency Alerts?

How do I turn on Wireless Emergency Alerts on my phone?

FAQ about the texting alerts

Hope this helps

Abe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Severe Alerts

These are public safety messages that are used to communicate national emergencies such as Presidential Alerts, Imminent Threats (weather or chemical spills), or Amber Alerts.

Master

Severe Alerts

What Sprint phones are WEA capable?

Sanyo Inuendo/Sanyo Vero/Sanyo Milano/HTC EVO 3D/Samsung Galaxy SII 4G Touch/LG Marque/Kyocera DuraMax/Kyocera Duracore/Kyocera Brio/Samsung Trender/HTC EVO Design 4G/Samsung Transform Ultra.

How to Turn Wireless Emergency Alert Client On

How do I turn on the WEA/CMAS client on my WEA capable device?

1. Go to the phone’s dialer/

2. Dial ##CMAS# or ##2627#

3. Choose to enable the CMAS client.

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a   national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and   Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly   disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to   wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location.

WEA messages are free. They are a public service brought to you  by Sprint in cooperation with Federal, State, and local public safety  agencies.

Check out these links for more information including  if your phone is  capable, how to turn it on and off and a list of  markets which have this  functionality rolled out. Expect more markets  to come online soon.

Is my phone capable to recieve Wireless Emergency Alerts?

How do I turn on Wireless Emergency Alerts on my phone?

FAQ about the texting alerts

Hope this helps

Abe

View solution in original post

Journeyman

Severe Alerts

Thank you both.  It explains a lot.

Any reason why I got (5) alerts in (8) minutes?  Is that normal?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.