cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show charging after recent update

Go to solution
Journeyman

Show charging after recent update

My phone has suddenly had a severe increase in charging time since the most recent update in September. I had downloaded a new anti-virus app shortly after the update but have since deleted it in case that was the cause but no improvement in charging time & I haven't downloaded any other apps (I've added very few apps since getting the phone). Any suggestions on how to gain back my charging speed? Very frustrating to plug it in overnight at 44% & wake up 7 hours later with it only at 86%.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Show charging after recent update

Hello cdl1982,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. The phone could be charging slow for a variety of reasons related to the software or hardware of the device. The USB cable could get bent, twisted, if you charge the device on a computer or laptop it will charge slower than usual, and it could also be something related to the operating system.

If possible try different USB cable, if you do not notice an improvement our recommendation its to take the device to a Sprint store to get assistance from one of our technicians.

To locate a Sprint store visit our store locator clicking here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please post them here.

Thank you for being part of the Sprint family.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
GrandMaster

also which phone is this? and if you pull up battery usage in your phones settings does anything stick out pretty bad percentage wise? something can be amiss in there burning up battery life and charging it is barely able to keep up. what all have you attempted so far also? full restart of the phone? battery pull for about 5 minutes then put it back in and turn it back on?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My cord is the same I've used for the entire time I've owned the phone (which has been only a few months). Battery usage doesn't look any different from usual; I make it a habit to check that on a pretty regular basis.

GrandMaster

switch to a different cord but with the same wall adapter..test it..if its still slow try the original cord but a different wall adapter..this rules out the possibility of it being causes by either the cord or wall adapter.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.