cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartview stopped starting after upgrade to XP SP3, worked fine on SP2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Smartview stopped starting after upgrade to XP SP3, worked fine on SP2

Hi, I've been using smartview 2.50 for along time on XP SP2. Then I needed to upgrade to SP3 because MS office 2010 needed SP3. Smartview stopped opening when clicked. I uninstalled/installed no change. I downloaded the latest as of 5/2013 off Sprint, 2.61, and got it to open once. Thought it was fixed. Now after rebooting, I reboot infrequently, it won't open again.

I only use MS Security Esentials for anti virus. I added smartview program files path to the excluded paths list, no change.

The driver must work because go to the Network connections dialog and right click - connect on the Mobile icon and it does connect to 3g my last choice.

Since I configured smart view to be the wifi manager I lost the ability to connect over wifi since I can't get smartview to open.   A partial fix would be a suggestion on how to get control of wifi back to some other tool?

Thanks, curt

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Smartview stopped starting after upgrade to XP SP3, worked fine on SP2

I re-installed 2.61 smartview one more time.  I turned off MS Security Esentials during install, then  turned it back on, rebooted and smartview started.  Hope this was just a hickup. 

curt

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.