cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Disappointed by the Port In Credit

Highlighted
Journeyman

Several months ago we added a line our family plan. We ported a number from AT&T, originally intending to get a feature phone. However, upon receiving and activating the phone, we decided to upgrade to a smartphone. We returned the feature phone and purchased a smartphone within a week.

I submitted the number for the port credit within 72 hours of activating the feature phone, as stated in the fine print. Now I know that when actually ported, the number was used for a feature phone, but we upgraded it almost immediately.

Now, almost 60 days later, I called Sprint to see if they would give me the $125 credit. I was told that because it was ported as a feature phone ($50 credit), that's the credit I would receive. We had the feature phone for less than a week, and I'm paying for a smartphone & associated data plan.

If I had gone the other way (smartphone to feature phone) I would have only received the $50 credit. Why shouldn't I be able to get the full $125?

I've never had an issue with Sprint before, but this is just upsetting!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Have you already accepted the $50 credit?

Journeyman

No, not yet. I was a few days shy of the 61 day mark when I called in.

Journeyman

Escalate to the port in department.

Master

Credit should show up within 2 billing cycles after the 61st day -

If not have you looked up on the web your status - https://www.spcconsumer.com/Home/FindCredit

• Sprint Escalations: Provide phone number to customer. 866-877-7137, Option 2.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.