cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what ever happened to customer Retention?

Highlighted
Patron

So what ever happened to customer Retention?

I just got off the phone with Account Services.  I do not really want to cancel but it really seems like that is my only recourse.   I have been a sprint customer for going on 7 years (this time around), so the call went something like this.

I call and speak to someone in Account Services and she was very polite.

I tell her I would like to cancel because I have just learned of Ting and they could cut my bill in half, also I need to get a new phone for my wife and myself

She then tells me "oh we can help with your plan"  I told her I did not want to downgrade my service just what I pay for it. She then proceeds to offer me a lower plan with a coincidentally lower monthly payment(what I said I did not want to do)

Anyway both of my plans are up so I can leave with no fee's. Looks like Sprint no longer has a retention department and so I see not other recourse than to go onto greener pastures weather it be Ting or another provider that values thier customers and isn't just out to offer great things to potential new customers and forget about it's long term customers.

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: So what ever happened to customer Retention?

PBAW,

Thanks for the post. I want to say I am sorry to hear you want to leave sprint. When you called account services you were speaking to what was formally known as the retention dept. Were you looking to just save money on your current plan or to just get a credit? Have you looked into our Corporate discounts? You can see if you are eligible for it by going to www.sprint.com/verify .

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Patron

Hey Victor,

I guess I am just looking for a reason to stay. There really doesn't seem to be much that can be done about my monthly bill...but we are both (my wife and I) eligible for upgrades.  I understand that there are phone discounts/credits though that could make up for not being able to lower my monthly bill. 

Journeyman

PBAW-

If your employer has partnered with Sprint, you may be eligible for a certain percentage off your monthly bill.  The price of the plan would still remain the same, and you would see a credit applied towards it. 

Now, we do have other programs available with this discount outside of an employer.  Such as, if you are a member of a credit union.  That would get you 10% off the monthly recurring charge.  AAA membership also qualifies.  You can look up more details through the site listed above, and it may make your decision to stay with us an easy one.

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns with us,

*Shannon

Social Care

Patron

Hey Shannon, I appreciate that but I am looking for more of a discount like an account credit or discount on phones.  We are interested in the S3, so I am just going to come out and say it since it looks like this may get drawn out.  What are the current customer retention offers that are available?

Thanks!

Wizard

Hey PBAW, we can check your account for any offers.

At your convenience, please send me a personal message. nclude your name, Sprint phone number, security information (PIN or security question answer), your Sprint Community name, and a link to this posting thread. Please allow up to two business days for a follow up response. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

While you're at it, can I have free money on my account too? I do not wish to pay the full plan price that i agreed to when I signed up.

Journeyman

BBY01011,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you having an issue? How may I assist you?

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.