cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam/Phishing emails

Highlighted
Patron

Spam/Phishing emails

I received an email from "noreply@sprint.com" stating that my September 10-October 9, 2012 was due by October 9. I was about to get upset because I thought one of the representatives signed me up for paperless billing when I came into the store yesterday for an issue with my phone. I looked at the total amount due which said $7684!!! I laughed, clearly that can't be possible. When I clicked anywhere in the email it started to redirect me to a page which was not sprint.com. I wanted to inform you of this if you did not already know and see if there is anything else I should do regarding this "Spam/Phishing" or whatever you call it. Thanks, Bridget

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Spam/Phishing emails

Just got the same email!

Wizard

EDIT:  Please be advised that all fake bills that are received should be forwarded to mobileabuse@sprint.com -  Please see my post below this one for more information

(original conversation)

Hello Bridget,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Although the email address looks correct it could be spoofed and not actually from Sprint. I will reach out to my corporate security department.

Do you still have the email in your inbox? Would you mind forwarding that message to sprintcares@sprint.comand put ATTN: *CDM in the subject line?  Please forward the email scam/fake bill to mobileabuse@sprint.com

Thank you,

*Chris

Patron

Done!

Wizard

Thank you! I will be forwarding your email to the appropriate channel.

For everyone's reference:

All messages or emails that appear suspicious or fraudulent can and should be forwarded to mobileabuse@sprint.com. Please do not follow any links that are contained in an email that appears suspicious. If you have clicked on a link and provided any kind of information please immediately visit Sprint.com and change your password and/or contact customer care to have your security information including PIN and Question Answer changed.

If you or any Sprint customer believes they have been a victim of fraud in any way please contact a Sprint Representative immediately. You may call *2 from your wireless device or private message any Sprint employee on the Sprint Community. Sprint employees are identified by the Sprint logo below their avatar and above their name.

Thank you,

*Chris

Journeyman

I just got one of these emails too. I forwarded it to Sprint. I can't believe that people actually fall for this scam!!

Journeyman

I received 2 and fwd to

mobileabuse@sprint.com.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.