cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Customer for 11 years NOW dissatisfied

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Customer for 11 years NOW dissatisfied

I am so unhappy with Sprint for the first time.  I have been a customer since 1999 and I have never had this problem before.  After calling Sprint on April 6th, 8th, 14th, 16th, and 17th, and being promissed each time to fix my problem until today, when John from North Carolina flat called me a liar and said he would not take care of the problem, and refused to submit the problem to a manager team, I am appauled.  I hope no one has this kind of problem again, and trust me, I will be switching services after 11 years with Sprint.  They have always been nice enough to take care of a problem, until now.  I would like this message to go out to everyone.  Could anyone give me some hints as to how to do that and let me know if they have recently had this kind of conduct?  Thank you.

40 REPLIES 40
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Customer for 11 years NOW dissatisfied

Hello

I have had some really good experience with sprint customer service and some pretty horrible as well. One of the major issues with inconsistent service and information is that most people you talk with on the phone dont really work for sprint. Like all cell carriers customer service and tech support is done through third party companies. They will tell you they work for sprint but they dont. One of the biggest ways to get your complaints heard is to ask to speak to a manager find out the real name of the company and people you talked with and forward your complaint through email. Or when you call ask to be transfered to retentions i'm 99.9% sure retentions is actually sprint employees.

Journeyman

NO email

NO answer on phone

NO way to contact anyone

Went to sprint store and NO results because he could not get in touch with sprint.

NO more will I be a sprint customer after many,many years.

I believe thay are going out of business and using this excuse of programming problems to reduce their customer base.

It is working as I am leaving.

Will report to FCC the problems with and the increase in rate without any notification or reason.

Check your bill closely just a dollar or 2 brings massive revenue (illegal) to Sprint.

Journeyman

Thank you so much for the input.  I had no idea about any of the information you just sent me.  Maybe that's why he kept asking me if a $50.00 credit would satisfy me.  If they get a yes reply, then they possibly get paid or a commission of some sort.  I really have never been treated this bad before by sprint and I will wait until tomorrow, call and ask for retentions.  $50.00 doesn't even make a dent in the problem and after being promissed 5 time this would be taken care of, I really don't understand.  My step-son used to work for T-mobile and I know for a fact they can adjust your account any amount they choose, as I told "John" with sprint, as he assured me he was not able to do, although when I asked for another manager, he told me his capabilities were not limited.  So I said, "So you are telling me you are not willing to make the adjustment.  His reply was, "As you know, this is a business and in running a business, I can't make the adjustment."   WHAT?  Anyway, I am getting some other feedback too, that sprint customer service has gone down hill lately, so if I can't get this taken care of, they loose me and my 5 phones on this account, about $250.00 monthly.  Hope they can afford a few of these kinds of loses.  Thanks again.

Journeyman

Thanks for the input.  I will be leaving sprint also, after 11 years, 5 phones on the account, about $250.00 montly.  I have never been treated so bad by sprint before and I will not put myself in that position with this company again.

P.S.  Don't know if it will help you out, but I just got a response from someone else saying that most people you get ahold of when calling sprint customer service do not really work for sprint.  Guess they are independent's or something to that effect, but if you ask for "retentions", usually you will get an actually sprint employee and they will help you.  Good Luck!

Journeyman

I think they will loose more than a few customers. Somebody screwed up or a group of sombodys screwed up.

Journeyman

Did you have a situation too?  Sounds like a few people are having situations.  Would be interested to know what your was about.

Journeyman

Whenever I have any kind of problem it always takes several calls. It always ends in me calling and threatening to just pay the penalty and getting out of the contract. The quikest way to get their attention is to ask to speak to a supervisor right off the bat, tell them you are tired of messing around and dont settle for anyone but a supervisor. this always gets situations settled instantly. After 8 years I'm done with sprint. Even their best phones are 2nd class and now they are losing their best Apps to other cell companies. They are becoming a joke.

Journeyman

Thanks for your input, I already tried all that, but I will get try a couple of other things I haven't tried yet and when I get this resolved and my contract is up, I'm DONE.

Journeyman

Well ive been a sprint customer for a good long time, cant remmember how many years exact..that's how long.  I added a line for my daughter and she picked out a blackberry, the phone started acting up and insurance paid for a second blackberry. But, since the first day it started to give problems.  Now on her third blackberry, i am sick and tired of it.  We just got it in the mail today, and the slot to hold her SD card broke, and it"s "brand new".  Im done, just decided that im going to switch over to AT&T later on this month.

Journeyman

your giving up on sprint becasue a RIM blackberry broke on u thats not sprints fault that the blackberry broke sprint does not make the bb have u tried asking for a different phone maybe they can get u a better none bb phone

Journeyman

Denise_hamm1 wrote:

I am so unhappy with Sprint for the first time.  I have been a customer since 1999 and I have never had this problem before.  After calling Sprint on April 6th, 8th, 14th, 16th, and 17th, and being promissed each time to fix my problem until today, when John from North Carolina flat called me a liar and said he would not take care of the problem, and refused to submit the problem to a manager team, I am appauled.  I hope no one has this kind of problem again, and trust me, I will be switching services after 11 years with Sprint.  They have always been nice enough to take care of a problem, until now.  I would like this message to go out to everyone.  Could anyone give me some hints as to how to do that and let me know if they have recently had this kind of conduct?  Thank you.

I would be more than happy to forward this over to our Care dept. Can you identify what specific problems you are having with your device?  If you can send me a PM with your account and call back information and a link to this post,  I can give some details to Care before they try and call you back.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.