cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, I demand that you update the Evo 4G to ICS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, I demand that you update the Evo 4G to ICS

I have already had this phone for a year, and Sprint has already abandoned the Evo 4G, et al. This is unacceptable! You shouldn't sell a phone that you're not going to keep updated! Now I can't use the Time Warner Cable app for live TV viewing because that requres ICS. I can't use all the features of certain apps because Sprint has abandonded this phone! Don't give me that crap about it being HTC's decision, because I'm sick of you both passing the buck between eachother. You make them. And if you just cannot get HTC to do it, then I demand that you send me an Evo Design at the very least, because that phone is pretty much the same as the Evo 4G, except that one gets ICS for some reason. Between the lack of updates, and the lack of any announcements about LTE coming to my area anywhere in the near future, when my contract expires in a few months, I'm just gonna grab a GSM Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile and forget about Sprint, becuase time after time, Sprint has forgotten about me!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Sprint, I demand that you update the Evo 4G to ICS

HTC and the hardware on the device determine which devices will be upgraded.   I understand  why you would wish to have the device upgraded. At this time there are no plans to upgrade the EVO.  The EVO Design is a newer phone and has both more memory and a better processor

Journeyman

Re: Sprint, I demand that you update the Evo 4G to ICS

That's funny, because I spoke with HTC and they said the carrier (Sprint) gets to decide what phones get updated and when. Like I said, keep passing the buck.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.