Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint has no desire to retain customers?

Patron

Sprint has no desire to retain customers?

Just got off the phone with "Retention" (an inappropriate name).  I am considering moving from Sprint as I have had numerous coverage issues, no 4G, discounts disappearing and poor insurance and service that had me looking for the first time since 1995 for a new carrier.  2 Years ago, when I talked with retention, the offered a significant incentive ($250+, I believe) to retain me as a customer with 6 lines.  Just getting off the phone with a person who barely seemed to be listening and clearly didn't care at all what happened, said all they could do was offer $25 for "coverage issues".

I got off Sprint for my work phone to ATT and then Verizon, which I am very happy with.  When I explained that to the customer "service" representative (who insisted on looking up my phone activity despite my telling her I was not using my personal sprint line anymore), she made her $25 offer.

It is pretty obvious Sprint would rather spend their funds trying to convince how "unlimited slow data is better" rather than keep a loyal customer of over 17 years.  From what I read, this cost is much more than the $250 they gave for incentives previously.

Too bad, a previously good company is missing a fundamental business rule -- Put your effort into keeping your loyal customers and the rest will fall in place.

Dropping at least my phone and going with Verizon when the contracts end next month.

Has anyone had any different experiences with the "retention" department?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.