cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint is the worst service!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is the worst service!

Back in September I had to make an extremely difficult decision in leaving US Cellular for another provider.  I chose Sprint because my employer uses them and I get a 20% discount on my bill, man was this the worst decision ever!  Sprints service is absolutely horrendous!  I am constantly dropping calls, breaking in and out in conversations, not being able to send text messages, etc.  Is there anyway I can leave Sprint for a different provider without paying the ETF?

17 REPLIES 17
Wizard

Re: Sprint is the worst service!

Hey juantwo3, thanks for posting with us; sorry to hear of your service issues.

We would like to see what can be done for you. Can we please have your cross streets, zip code, and phone model? We can check your area for service alert updates and also try troubleshooting if needed. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Amen to that. Sprint "service" is just plain fraud.

Wizard

Hello delmymoran, thanks for joining us; sorry to hear you feel that way.

Being that you decided to join, can you also provide details to your service issues? We'll do our best to look into them and provide a viable solution. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

What cross streets would you like?  No matter where I go (work, parents, my house, my in-laws, the grocery store, etc.) the service is terrible.  So how bout all over 60007, 60193, 60133, 60103, 60192 and um all of the Chicago land area!  Can you fix that?

Wizard

Thanks for the response.

I know that we're undergoing a complete revamp of our network nationwide in an effort to offer better service; Chicago is currently being worked on. However, if you are experiencing issues everywhere you travel through, it's very likely an issue with your device. What kind of device are you using? You've also mentioned a lot of indoor areas (work, parents, my house, my in-laws, the grocery store, etc.)...is there any difference with your outdoor service? Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Like I said in my original post, I went from a far superior service provider (US Cellular) to Sprint which sucks!  I gave those examples because that is where I am most of my day, I am sorry but I do not have a job that requires me to be outside, however when I am outside I still am getting terrible coverage, and I am not the only one with Sprint that gets this bad coverage so it is not my phone!  I have the iPhone 5 which I love but hate the service I get with SPRINT!  How can I cancel my service and not pay the ETF?

Wizard

Troubleshooting may help your device issues; let's start with a PRL update. This process usually helps strengthen your device's connection to your local towers: Dial ##873283# then CALL; allow about five minutes to complete.

I know you've mentioned having poor coverage almost everywhere you travel. Can you please provide cross streets and zip code of any given location where you notice especially poor service? Doing so will allow us to take a closer look and provide more accurate assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I deal with the same issues in the Denver area on my GS2. Funny how a major city has major service issues, but when I lived in a small desolate town (clovis, nm) I had no issues... Dropped calls in Downtown Denver (LoDo area, dropped calls in Parker, CO (470/Jordan), slower than any other provider for data service (and it does not matter where I am in the Denver/Parker/Centennialn area). Even WiMax is slower than ATT and Verizon 3G service out here. Not to mention, I experience data service drop even when my phone says I have full bars and 3G connectivity, and yet no data service at times... and this isn't on occasion, this is everyday since I moved here in 2012... I have updated my PRL many times to no avail. Many fellow Sprint users in my area echo my sentiment that as soon as the new generation of phones are released we will be switching carriers. The service here just doesn't warrant the amount I pay. I can't even get unlimited data (that I'm charged an extra $10 for) because the service here won't support it without drops and/or slowing to a halt. Sprint needs to take more action and attention to the western states, especially the major markets. Puerto Rico has LTE service, but Denver isn't even on the list for 2013??? This makes no sense. Denver is a major hub for travel and business. Witchita Falls, TX is getting LTE service but not Denver? Sprints business leaders have lost their minds and are allocating resources to areas that serve 100,000 instead of areas that serve 1 million...

Journeyman

I did the PRL update and nothing is better.  I have done all of the same daily travel after the update and everything remains the same NO SERVICE and DROPPED CALLS!  Poor service is everywhere I go so typing a list of over 100 cross streets is not going to solve the issue.  I would like to know how I can cancel my service without paying the ETF.

Journeyman

We'll chime in from nashville with the same issues and no end in sight.  Sorry you'll have to deal with crappy serivce while we update our network for the next 12-24 months so I hope you were not planning on using your phone for anything more then a paper weight for the life of your contract .

Journeyman

I just wrote the same message. Today it took me 15 mins to send one text and I am still receiving duplicate messages

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.