cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint makes me pay for warranty issue

Highlighted

Sprint makes me pay for warranty issue

Sprint charged me for fixing my audio jack which was covered under the warranty. Then tries to up-sell me their Protection Plan by waiving the repair fee.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Sprint makes me pay for warranty issue

I've often wondered about that myself. Where does the manufacturer's warranty end and the phone insurance begin? I wonder why the manufacturer would send you back to what is effectively the retailer to handle it? For some of my other gadgets, the manufacturer handled replacement or repair.

Wizard

bravoman0067,

Thanks for the post, and this is a valid question. What happened when going to the Sprint store, Sprint tech repaired your device. Without having the insurance (TEP) there is a $35 repair charge. To go through the warranty on your phone, you would have to contact the manufacturer. In this case Samsung. I great example is if you were to buy a TV, you wouldn’t go back to the store you bought it from if it starts goofing up. You would go to the manufacturer. Hope this is helpful!

Thank you,

Samantha

*Social Care

Wizard

Samsung should not have sent him back to the retailer. That's odd.

Wizard

Just a heads up! The $35 Sprint store repair charge has been changed to $50 yesterday (1/11/13). The increase is to offset the increasing average cost per transaction due to a continued shift in the device mix to more high- end devices.

Samantha

*Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.