cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint spamming my iPhone?

Sprint spamming my iPhone?

So I just got a new iPhone a little less than a week ago with Sprint, and started a completely new service with them as well. And ever since I got it, I've been getting these stupid spam-like messages from this 9016 number. The message says:

//ANDROID:$(from) has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call $(callbackno) to listen.

The message continues on with various random numbers & letters. I get at least 4-8 a day, and it's annoying! Is there any way to stop receiving these messages?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Sprint spamming my iPhone?

Hello and Welcome to the Sprint.com Communities.  Sorry for the inconvenience on your new Sprint phone.  A couple of questions we have for you are,

1. Did you have the same phone number with a different carrier before coming to our company? 
  2. Are you receiving Visual Voicemails which are the actual Voicemail recording downloaded to your phone so you don't have to call your voicemail and listen over the phone. 

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Highlighted

Hi! Um, I did not. I got an all new number. And as far as Visual Voicemail, I don't recall ever even setting that up.

Highlighted
Master

Ok.  This is what I suspected regarding your Visual Voicemail.  However, an iPhone's VVM is different than Androids and Blackberrys.  Your phone number probably belonged to an Android before it was assigned to you.  We can create a Network Trouble ticket to resolve this issue for you.  We will need some additional information for the ticket.  I will send you a private message with a template shortly. 

Tom Deaver

Highlighted
Master

Private message sent.  Please click on "Your Stuff" at the top. 

Tom Deaver

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.