ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint took care of me, online techs are better than if you call and talk with someone,. Thanks

Journeyman

Sprint took care of me, online techs are better than if you call and talk with someone,. Thanks

Everyone that cannot afford a brand new $700.00 phone with sprint, don't buy a phone off clist or Ebay, even if you put the phone in your name, sprint can still mark it as stolen if the previous owner calls it in as stolen/lost.. and Sprint don't give a crap about it's customers to make it right... Good job sprint you just lost a customer of 15 years!!
6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Sprint doesn't care about customers

rwcrazy1,

Yikes! I am very sorry if you have a flagged device. Did you check the ESN with us, when you first bought the phone? If the phone was last active on your account can have the flag removed. Let me know!

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Tuesday-Saturday 11am-8pm mst.

Journeyman

Before I purchased it I called sprint and they said it was a clean phone, I paid for it, the very next day I activacted it on my account, according to Sprint 2-3 days later the previous owner called sprint and said it was lost or stolen..  only reason I found all this out because my service location said it needed to be repalced because of all the issues I'm having with it..  I spent 2 hours between Sprint and Assurance trying to just get this lifted so I can get it fixed, at 1st Sprint said it wasnt flagged, and Assurance said it was, then I Sprint said it was flagged but assurance said it wasnt.. now I ahve spent the past 3 weeks playing phone tag with a Sprint customer support to tell me they it cannto be lifted... BS.. I did not steal the phone and jsut want it fixed/replaced...

Wizard

rwcrazy1,

Let me take care of you! Will you please private message me the ESN, along with the phone number it was activated on and the account pin. I’m on it!

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Tuesday-Saturday 11am-8pm mst.

Journeyman

rwcrazy1

You said it best, don't buy a phone off of craigslist or Ebay, then register it. Don't blame Sprint because you tried to get a sweet deal. My only question to you is did you pay a price that was under the cost of the phone after rebate? Meaning say the phone after rebate was $300, did you pay less than the rebate price? If the answer is yes, odds are good, especially on craigslist that the phone was stolen, or the person selling the phone was shady.

I am sorry that you got screwed on this.

Journeyman

Wow thanks for your insight, most people can only get a rebate when they resign up for 2 years, and duh yeah I paid less..   The reason I blame sprint is because they said it was a clean ESN and even though the phone was in my name the next day, they allowed the previous owner say it was stolen without looking up the ESN or checking into it at all..

Thanks

Journeyman

This is what happened to you:

Lets say that you want to buy my phone from eBay.

You get the ESN from me. You call Sprint to check it. The ESN is not reported as lost or stolen. You pay me, I made sure that i got your money. Once that happened, I`ll call sprint to report my phone as lost/stolen and file a claim with Asurion. You call Sprint tomorrow to activate the phone. They cannot activate it becuase I have already reported it as stolen. You try with Asurion, it`s flagged as stolen, since I have already filed a claim for it.

Is the picture clearer now ?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.