cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint wants me to upgrade my plan for a worse temporary phone?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint wants me to upgrade my plan for a worse temporary phone?

I'm currently do not have a working phone. We bought two Epic 4Gs with the Everything share plan (~$135 / mo - no TEP) which require a 4G fee along with the $10 data. My Epic 4G had the notorious BSOD ribbon cable manufaturers defect that made my phone useless (Sprint said I was out of warranty and wouldn't fix this vastly known defect, but thats another argument).

Anyway while I'm waiting for parts to fix my phone (I'll fix it myself) I purchased a replacement phone to use as a temporary device (LG Optimus S). The LG device does not have a 4G radio, but besides that has the exact same capabilities as my Epic (3G, gingerbread, etc). When I go to replace/activate my new phone, I'm greeted with a screen that tells me i need to UPGRADE MY PLAN!

This is a vastly inferior phone compared to the Epic, but yet Sprint wants MORE MONEY FOR A WORSE PHONE! How does this make sense? I'm not adding new features (in fact i'm losing 4G), I'm not asking for teathering, I just want to use my temporary phone! What possible reason is there to change my plan and charge me more money?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Re: Sprint wants me to upgrade my plan for a worse temporary phone?

All this means is the codes need to be updated in the account based on devices, sometimes codes are diffferent and this is a generic message. I have had this question from other customers multiple times and its simply the code in the system. No additional cost call care they will help you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Sprint wants me to upgrade my plan for a worse temporary phone?

All this means is the codes need to be updated in the account based on devices, sometimes codes are diffferent and this is a generic message. I have had this question from other customers multiple times and its simply the code in the system. No additional cost call care they will help you.

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.