cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from Sprint about coverage changes in Oklahoma

Go to solution
Journeyman

I received a text from Sprint yesterday to click on a link that the coverage in Oklahoma is changing. That where we used to be within range and now most will be roaming. What is it and Why is it ? Will we be roaming more? Just wanting some understanding as to why this is? The text says:

325433Smiley FrustratedPRINTFREEMSG: Please view important coverage change information at www.sprint.com/coveragechange

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Master

What zip are you in? I will monitor your reply.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Hi Larry,

My zip is 74119, Tulsa, Okla. Can you also tell me if we are getting 4G?

Master

Re: Text from Sprint about coverage changes in Oklahoma

You wont see anything with the roaming agreement changes in Tulsa - it is more affectating to persons in western Oklahoma which you can see in this image. Sprint had an agreement with Pioneer and that agreement was not renewed so persons in western Oklahoma will be roaming - which means Anymobile Anytime wont be in effect etc.  If you took a trip to the rattlesnake hunt one weekend your phone would roam and you would have service but small roaming issues like test delay and slower data may occur. You wouldn't be charged anything and as long as the minutes "roaming" weren't 80% of your usage you would never know anything changed.

4G is now LTE and I have no inside info on when network vision deployment will occur in Tulsa.

Larry

cov chg.JPG

Journeyman

And what if you LIVE in this area and at least 80% of your usage is in the affected area in Western Oklahoma? What does that mean for those of us who live and call from there???

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.