cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably horrible customer service from a once reputable company...

Patron

Unbelievably horrible customer service from a once reputable company...

I have also been a 10+ year customer with Sprint and was absolutely amazed at the appalling level of customer service offered to me this morning. I am a business owner and rely heavily on my cell phone to conduct business. I was in a meeting with clients via conference call with my phone when it completely died. I left my meeting to head over to Best Buy, and then to the Sprint store to try to buy a new phone, under the same service agreement with Sprint, and was told that the contract over my phone was still 7 days out, and I would have to wait until that time was up. When I explained my situation- that I needed my phone to conduct business- and that I could not wait a day, let alone a week- I was told by 4 different service reps- including Chelsea the supervisor- with Sprint that there was nothing they could do and that I would have to wait for either the week to end, or to get my old phone repaired. What did I pay extra money for insurance coverage for? I'm supposed to go a whole week without a phone, or spend a whole week getting my phone repaired, after which I'd be eligible for a new phone?!? The utter lack of common sense and professionalism was amazing! And while speaking to the representatives of this company I was constantly interupted, argued with, and verbally cut off while trying to express the problem I was having. Sprint used to be a paragon of service. Now it seems they have forgotten that customers- not contracts, not phones- are what make them money. I will be switching my phone- as well as the cell phones of my 27 empoloyees- to another competitor and will urge everyone else I know and deal with to do the same from here on out.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Unbelievably horrible customer service from a once reputable company...

I am sorry you had a bad experience when you device went out.  If you had TEP on your device the phone could either be repaired if possible or replaced if not.  A replacement phone when ordered arrives with in a day or two.  If the phone could not be repaired and had to be replaced under ERP potion of the TEP, that is done by Asurion and the device is send out overnight air.  This of course would have the deductible charged.   You become eligible for a new device the first day of the month or which would be between 20 and 22 months depending on when the last device was purchased.  I understand how important a phone is to business    No one deserves to be treated rudely.  If you can send me the information about the store you were in I will forward that up 

Highlighted
Patron

14KNIGHT-

I received your response via email and wanted to firstly thank you for your reply. Unfortuntely, it does not help me in resolving my issue. In my business having to wait two days for a working phone is unacceptable, and the entire point of my post on this forum. If I cannot expect to receive reasonable assistance to get a working phone from a phone company whose sole business is to sell and provide phone service, then I am obviously dealing with the wrong company. If a customer is willing to drop everything in the middle of a busy work schedule to travel to Best Buy, then travel to a Sprint store, then contact and call up your customer service office, and finally make a post online to your community, I would have hoped for a much better response than "you'll have to wait a couple of days for a new phone"- especially when there is only 7 DAYS remaining in that customer's contract. It would seem a guaranteed way of losing that customer.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to respond, but it will not change my plans to leave Sprint.

By the way- the rude representatives were not in the Sprint store, but were all at the customer service call center that I contacted via the Sprint store phone.

Highlighted
Master

If you can send me your phone number via a private message I will be able to gather the information  from the account 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.