cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unspeakably Horrid Customer Service

Journeyman

This is my dilemma! My phone was damaged the screen went out sometime in March around the 14th. I called the tech support and they sent me out a replacement phone which I received around the 19th to the 21st. This is where the headache begins!!! I lost the damaged phone on the 18th of March and called on the 19th, my mom had to call because I am in college and my cell phone is my only mode of contact, to suspend service to my phone until the problem is resolved. Before I get jumped on I am completely aware of the policy that is you have insurance and your phone is lost/stolen then you must file a claim and pay your deductible which I was completely ready to do; however I spoke with a tech support agent because I had received the replacement phone in order to let them know that the damaged phone was actually lost and to figure out what further steps I need to take. I was informed by this agent that I wouldn't have to worry about the charges and to use the replacement phone instead which is the phone I have and am currently using at this very moment. He told me I would not be responsible for the return charges which I was aware of that is why I called but this is what I was told. Not only was that what I was told, I was ensured that it was notated on my account and the agent gave me a ticket to go to a local sprint store and get the phone activated and a battery for it. I thought problem solved!!! WRONG!!! So so wrong and I was about to figure out just how wrong I was. In April I exactly on the 11th or 12th I was in a restaurant on the phone with my mom who is my witness and a customer service rep called me from sprint informing me that they did not receive the damaged phone and asking why and when I was going to send it. I informed her of my unique situation and everything that happend and she "notated my account" as well because she informed me she didn't see the notations from the tech guy. Another month later after nothing in late May early June all of the sudden a $345 dollar charge on the account. I call sprint talk with escalation customer service reps from the equipment dep I believe and they tell me they don't see the notations neither rep made in April nor March but they do see the ticket I was given to go to the store for the battery and all that coincides with my story nonetheless since those exact words aren't "notated" had they were I wouldn't be responsible but since they weren't I was and its either pay 345 or pay 100 to file the insurance claim. I tell them but I was told it was free so they submit it to their "higher-ups" who before they vote on it or whatever were supposed to give me a call....Still waiting on that call have yet to come meanwhile I am paying my regular bill every month on time just about. Then In June I am informed that my account is delinquent now because of that 345 and only that. I call, speak to more escalation service reps, and they inform me yea the claim was submitted to higher-ups and rejected even though they never called me to find out what happened like they were supposed. So I ask them to resubmit it which after arguing my case for hours with one rep she finally relinquished and let me speak to a manager who said she would put the 345 charge aside for now and resubmit the claim so that the charge wouldn't affect my account. I am informed they would call this time. Still waiting on that one as well. Called today and my service is partially suspended in the system due to be suspended on the 16th of July. Call again they say their higher-ups is probably honestly not going to do anything for me and that I should file the claim and just pay 100 with my insurance. Great I'm tired of fighting I was prepared to pay the 100 in the beginning but when i was told I didn't have to and that it would be notated to my account I liked that option better. I was told that twice. What they failed to tell me was that I guess 345 even though the phone is crap is what I will have to pay because I call Asurion my insurance and guess what if the claim is older than 60 days nothing they can do!!! So the whole time I was thinking I was fine I could have filed my claim and been done with this headache yet I was told my two customer service reps that I wouldn't have to worry about it and that they were "notating" my account and now no insurance claim not 50 to 100 will I have to pay but 345. REALLY SPRINT is that all you can do!!!??? I will be taking my service elsewhere it's a shame a college student struggling has to dish out all this money to be able to maintain contact with her family in another state and to have to deal with this headache of a customer service nightmare.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Sorry to hear about your nightmare.  I'm sure things got real twisted when the phone went from Sprint exchange/replacement for damage to Sprint assuming coverage of loss.  I would add, that if one goes through a drive-thru window with an order, if the order is typical it will usually be right.  When a customer starts adding extra this or hold that, there is inevitably a much greater risk of that order coming out wrong.  It speaks more to human nature, than anything else.

What I do believe, knowing how caring Sprint truly is, when all the dust is settled, you will be taken care of in a proper manner.  It's a frustrating process and time consuming, but Sprint is specifically designed to ensure that a persistent yet kind customer with a legitimate claim, gets justice.  I hope you continue through with your struggle, as it will most likely be worth it in the end.  Good Luck!

Journeyman

Thanks it is hard but I am hanging in there its just one thing after another and I wish the departments would communicate more effectively I mean they all must work  together for improved customer relations its so strnage that they can't see each others notes yet they claim they notate the account as if everyone can and do see the same info when it seems to me that they don't! I have been seriuosly contemplating switchin to T-Mobile the number 1 for 2011 thanks for that article. My mom had and still has them for years and she loves them. Everyone who switched that I know does.

Journeyman

You're Welcome!  That issue can happen with any provider.  The difference is, due to the nature of Sprint's caring, you have options.  Eventually, as the issue gets escalated, that person or department will have unrestricted access to your account and has the authority to change anything he/she needs to in order to resolve the matter.

Journeyman

Sorry have to disagree there... Sprint is very uncaring and could care less if they lose a customer, it is a shame to see but looks like more and more people will be hitting up Verzion and AT&T while Sprint continues to dwindle...

Journeyman

Honestly I kind of feel how you feel because every new customer service rep i talk to can help me less and less at first they were like oh it's taken care of so instead of following policy which I was willing to do I rolled with what I was told and ensured but a month later the story always change and the thing about it is I gave them the exact time and date the sales associate contacted me because thankfully I was in a restaurant at the time so the call would coincide with the charge on my account for the restaurant and they told me basically well they are international and they are not going to look for it. Then they said they couldn't find it! WTF

Journeyman

To keep everyone updated this is the response I received:

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Unfortunately, AEescalations is unable to issue an adjustment for the previous non-return feewithout the receipt of either the defective device or the replacement device in to our warehouse. As of today, 7-13-11, the return grace period for the Advance Exchange has expired. It is unfortunate that the defective device was stolen after you had processed the Advance Exchange, but as the stated, AEescalations is unable to issue any credit unless a device had been received into our warehouse.

Again we apologize for any inconveinence this issue may have caused.

Thank you,

Mike

Sprint Nextel

Advance Exchange Escalations

So not only are they saying f you but they are ignoring the stated issue that their reps told me wrong information and that it is their fault I didn't pay the 50 -100 that I was oh so willign to pay at the time but now am supposed to pay 345 which I don't have. This is all they can do... Do anyone know of anyone I can speak to who possibly could resolve my issue. I'm really tired of no's I need results I am a paying customer and I refuse to pay a phone bill with no phone to use because that is basically what they are telling me.

Wizard

I think your only course of action, at this point, is to call Asurion.  I would also let them know that while you may have lost the phone in March, you were not able to file your claim until later because Sprint was internally deciding whether they would cover the loss.  You are now filing within two months of their final decision.  But regardless, the absolute most Asurion will probably do is replace the unit (which is what you are entitled to under their agreement), which maybe you can sell on eBay. 

Not that it helps, but where you went wrong was believing that a tech support agent could affect whether your bill would be charged (your mom called the right people (accts), but only to inform them you lost your phone... not, that it was the phone to be sent back to them and ask "so what do I do now?").  Additionally, if Sprint was doing a warranty replacement, they must have the phone in order to get credit from the manufacturer (I've been through this mess with the waterstrip next to the reset button on a WinMo phone).  The usual thing that should have happened is they would ask you to ship their phone back and send you to Asurion to file a claim and pay the deductible.  But just as a suggestion for the future, you can always have the rep read you the notation they are making on the account (unless, of course, they lie to you).

Regardless, I hope someone is able to help you, even if a little bit. 

Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion i did call aurion and they told me flat out there is nothing they can do under no circumstances. I had the Escalations department submit the claim to Upper Management who are supposed to be making a determination and I am submitting all my evidence that I have of what that tech guy told me. I knew what was supposed to happen thats why I called them to figure out what to do since the damaged phone was lost and I was willign to file the claim but that Tech guy lied to me he read out the notation as well as the Equipment Return woman who contacted me in April exactly on the 11th. i gave them the exact date and around the time and they say they can't find it or won't be able to look then they say that they can't see it. Which is it... I'm tired of the inconsistencies. I am switching ASAP! I'm tired of the lies.

Wizard

Re: Unspeakably Horrid Customer Service

I can't believe a Sprint rep hasn't chimed in on this thread yet... I'll send it to someone in Advanced Tech to take a look at.

The "proper" way that this issue should have been handled would have been for the tech to tell you to send back the replacement phone when you got it, and then file the Asurion claim. Sprint needs either the damaged handset or the replacement back, otherwise you are going to be charged.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.