cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade phone to Galaxy Note II

Journeyman

Upgrade phone to Galaxy Note II

I have been due for an upgrade since this past Feb. 2012.  I would now like to purchase the galaxy note II, however, $299.00 is just too much.  I noticed that there are deals with Sprint online for new customers for this phone at a cost of $149.00.  How do i get the phone for the lower cost?  I've been a sprint customer for approx. 9 years.  Doesn't that count for anything?

20 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Upgrade phone to Galaxy Note II

ngssec,

Have you looked into our Buy Back program? This may give you the ability to sell back your current device and offset some of the cost of the new Note 2.

I realize we have been running some specials but, currently the Samsung Note 2 is $299 for both new and existing customers (with current upgrade eligibility).

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

Thanks, but yes, I would get a whopping $5.00....not much help.  And, I have seen ads for new customers (Amazon or Walmart) for $149.00 for the Note II....so it isn't $299.00 for everyone.

Journeyman

http://wireless.amazon.com/dp/B00A0CIS5C

Above is the link to the Amazon ad...there are buttons to indicate if the buyer is an existing customer or a new customer wiht Sprint.  The price jumps from $149 for new, to 279 for existing.

Wizard

Ah, I see - I am unable to speak for our retail vendors unfortunately. I am only able to see internal Sprint prices an promotions. It's up to the retail outlet like Walmart and Amazon to provide those kind of pricing deals. Perhaps the Galaxy SIII would be appealing to you? It is currently $100 dollars less then the Note 2 and a comparable device.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

No.  I like the size of the Note.  I guess I will have to switch to another company.

Journeyman

You could cancel your service and re-apply as a new customer through Amazon to get the $150 price on the Note II.  You might lose your phone number in the process and that might be important to you. 

To keep your number, you could port it to a non-contract provider and get a single month of service, then port it back to Sprint as a new customer, but this seems like a lot of work.

I am in the same boat and not very happy that Sprint (and other carriers) offer their best deals to new customers but don't do the same for their loyal existing customers.  If you haven't guessed, I am in the market for an upgrade to the Note II as well.

Journeyman

I appreciate your response.  However, if I leave Sprint, I'm not coming back.

Journeyman

Well, if you figure out a way to get a Sprint upgrade for the Galaxy Note II for a good deal, do post how you did it. 

Amazon previously had upgrades for the Note II for $249.99, but they've been at $279.99 for over a week.  Over at Radio Shack, you can get it for $279.99 and they'll give you a $10 coupon for a future purchase for each $50 you spend, so I guess you could get 5 coupons for $10 each.  You can only spend one at a time on any purchase over $10, so they are a bit of a hassle, not like getting $50 back in your pocket.

Consider the monthly expenses going with another carrier that offers the Note II right now.  Maybe T-Mobile wouldn't be too bad, but you're going to pay more for the phone, even as a new account.  You won't find this phone with the cheaper second tier prepaid carriers.  The best you'll do there is probably a Galaxy S II.

That's the problem with getting the newest technology, it's hard to get a good deal on it.

If I find a better deal out there for an upgrade, I'll post back here and let you know.

Oh yeah, and Amazon seems to have the Note II back in stock, at least for now...

Journeyman

Yes, you are correct in the new technology stuff.  I watched the 121212 concert last night and it looked like the people manning the phones were using Note II......

Thanks for your suggestions, and I will post any deals that I find!

Journeyman

Yes, you are correct in the new technology stuff.  I watched the 121212 concert last night and it looked like the people manning the phones were using Note II......

Thanks for your suggestions, and I will post any deals that I find!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I believe you are right in terms of new technology....I watched the 121212 concert last night and noticed that the people manning the phones were using Notes! 

I appreciate all of your advice, and I will post when I find a good deal!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.