Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ETF in order to get iphone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I'm currently on a family plan.  Our contracts all end on May 1st, 2012 and I really want a new phone.  I currently have the evo 4g and have not liked it.  The current ETF is $100 for the time I have left on contract.  I was wondering if I was able to cancel early on the family plan for one number and then creating a new account under the family plan in order to get the 2 year sign on bonus.  I would also like to keep my current number for the new account with the Iphone.  Please help me to figure out if this is possible. I would also be staying with sprint under the same family plan. Sorry if I am not being clear, let me know if I need to clarify anything. 

Thanks in advance,

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Yes you can pay the ETF to cancel 1 line and then activate another line.  Im not sure about being able to keep the number though.  I have heard people speak about there being ways to do this and keep the number but my understanding is you will loose the number.

Wizard

As TopDog explain you will loose the number or you can follow the direction on this thread http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/348555#348555 by OKIESTRO you will need to port your number to a prepaid for 30 days and it cannot be boost mobile, virgin mobile or any prepaid which is owned by Sprint and then port your number back to sprint to replace the number new you have. see for the full explanation http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/348818#348818 I personally will not do this port thing.

Journeyman

Thanks 3020fjr2....I knew i read it somewhere.

Wizard

Yeah no problem. I had read it too, so I search it and was able to find it.

Journeyman

I was going to search but then was to lazy to do it.  Im sure the OP will appreciate it.  If I was him I would just wait until May and maybe get the iphone 5.  I heard it is suppose to be on the LTE for SPrint.  Or atleast have 4G capability.  And supposedly apple has some big plans for the 5

Journeyman

Re: Using ETF in order to get iphone?

Thanks for the thorough explaination.  I do appreciate you telling me how to find the information.  I am really torn between waiting or not for the iphone 5.  With no real definite date I don't want to be waiting month after month only to find out that it's not until the end of 2012.  I know the evo 4g isn't a bad phone, but I just really don't like it or its size.  Like some others have said.. If I keep waiting then why not wait for the iphone 6?  lol.  Thank you everybody for the information.  I really do appreciate all the help

Wizard

Yeah, I will just wait in his situation because from all the rumors Iphone 5 does have big plans. The one rumor I want to find out since some report say Sprint will be the only with the LTE or Wimax iphone while other say ATT and Verizon will get it as well. In my opinion and I have no facts / rumors to prove I believe there has to be a Sprint exclusive feature in one of the next iphone since what committed is a huge amount of money (in Sprint terms) just to get the same thing as ATT and Verizon.

Journeyman

That is an interesting thought though.  Will the iphone 5 be on the respectable 4G networks with the 3 carriers.  Will it be on the Sprint LTE or 4G and Sprint only?  Was the Sprint agreement with apple larger than the other carriers?

I am leaning towards the 5 being on the LTE networks for all 3.  I do have a feeling the iphone 5 will be really nice.  Apple knows they have to compete with some pretty nice Android phones now.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.