cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor in store customer service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very poor in store customer service.

I am very disappointed in the level of service I recently got in one of your stores.

Last year I took in my EVO 4G because the battery was dying and I had a dead pixel on my screen. The Tech rebooted my phone and pretended not to see the dead pixel anymore. It really wasn’t worth arguing over, so I left it at that.

A few weeks ago my battery started getting so hot that it began to expand. It expanded so much that it loosened the speaker in my phone.

I returned to that store to see their tech. He greeted me and my phone with a pair of rubber gloves and a look of disgust. (Like he is too good to be touching our filthy phones at his job). He took my phone into the back for a few minutes, and when he came back he said that he would replace the screen, I should go to Batteries Plus to buy a new battery, and never once mentioned the lose speaker. 

What do I pay $8 per month in protection for? I am well out of commitment and you have made your money back on the phone, why not just replace it with a refurbished model?

I put that incident behind me on Black Friday. I returned to that same store with the intention of upgrading to a new EVO LTE. They were not that busy at the time I got to the store, but I stood there for 30 minutes without so much as a “Hi” or “Be Right With You”.  I ended up leaving the store without any sort of acknowledgment. That would have been the easiest sale all day.

I have a lot of options for LTE service here in Denver, yet I cannot get a straight answer as to when Sprint will bring LTE to Denver. On 2 separate occasions I asked to separate employees when we would get LTE.  

The First told me that you are actively testing towers, and we could expect to see LTE by april.

The Second told me that you are actively testing towers, and we could expect to see LTE by august.

I want to stay with Sprint, but I have concerns.

1. If I upgrade to an LTE phone now, I lose access to WiMax. My speed goes down, but my bill doesn’t go down, and I don’t know when LTE will go live.
  2. I can find the exact same phones, or better (HTC One x Plus), at any other carrier, and in some cases I can get the One X (Evo equivalent) for free. I would only have to pay the activation fee.

If I upgrade with Sprint, not only do I pay $50 for the phone, but I pay the upgrade/activation fee as well.

1. The technician that worked with me in the store was rude and insulting. Then I was totally ignored.  Is this the level of service I can expect if I sign up for another 2 years?

I hope to get some kind of response here as the phone agents were less than helpful, and your store reps are disgraceful. 

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Very poor in store customer service.

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the issues that you incurred, during your visits to that Sprint location that you mentioned. Please send me a private message with your contact number, and I will have a feedback for that location submitted, so that management can address your experience at that location.

Regarding your concerns with LTE coming to Denver, and when to expect it, we cannot give an exact date until we have a certain percentage of functioning towers in the area. We do not give out such dates because these dates are subject to change, and to prevent setting false expectations, we do not give out dates until the deployment is official. But during beta testing, customers may be able to pick up LTE service and are welcome to utilize the service during that time. We are working aggressively with our roll out of LTE, so for any updates please visit http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:4glte.

Morris L.

Social Media Care

Journeyman

I have been "Working" with Morris for a few days now, and we have yet to make any progress. I had to tell him 3 times that my phone isnt working, that I want it fix, and that I want the upgrade that was offered to me.

First he responded to me offering to file a report on that Location, but he totatlly ignored my other concerns.

I repeated my concerns.

He responed by telling me that the offer has expired, and that I need to visit a Store for Repair.

I have been to a store for repair, and nothing was accomplished. (As Stated in my post above.)

I was willing to sign a new 2 year contract for the sale priced HTC EVO LTE, but the store (same store) totally ignored me. (Also stated above.) Now that offer has expired.

What is more important, the offer dates, or losing a customer to T Mobile?

Morris has not offered a solution to get my current phone fixed, he has not offered an upgrade at any price, and has done nothing to make up for the poor service I got in the Sprint Store.

In 72 hours I will be walking in to the new T Mobile Store that just opened down the block.

That is more than enough time for Morris, or his supervisor to come up with an offer to save a customer.

Wizard

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I was only trying to assist you as best that I could with the information provided. As per our discussion on private message, I offer to reach out to you in order to have your complaint submitted regarding your experience at the store location, but you did not want to do so, and preferred to keep this discussion online. I also advised of your options for upgrading to the EVO LTE, by utilizing the buy-back program, in order to receive some sort of credit towards your purchase. Without speaking to you and being able to review your account, to see what options are available to you, I would not be able to let you know what I would be able to do for you. The $49.99 offer for the EVO LTE is something that was offered through the store, as this might have been running a special promotion at the time you visited that store location. The lowest price point that Sprint’s telesales or web sales departments has offered the EVO LTE, is $99.99, so $49.99 was never an offer we had directly from Sprint to our customers. In regards to fixing your device, I also did advise that you would have to take it into a repair location to have it serviced. If you are not comfortable with going to the location that you visited, we do have other locations that can also service your device. In order to determine if your phone can be serviced, a technician would have to inspect it to determine if it meets the warranty criteria’s (meaning your device does not have physical or liquid damage). If you would like to discuss your options, I am more than willing to reach out to you to review them with you, but if you still wish to continue this discussion online, there are only limited offers or suggestion that I can present to you, because providing any customer account information online is prohibited. I am more than willing to work with you to accomplish a resolution for your issue, but I would need to review your account options with you offline.

Morris L.

Social Media Care

Journeyman

I'm sorry that you ignored my PM request to have your manager call me.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I was only trying to assist you as best that I could with the information provided. As per our discussion on private message, I offer to reach out to you in order to have your complaint submitted regarding your experience at the store location, but you did not want to do so, and preferred to keep this discussion online.

I did say that I wanted to take care of this online, but I never said that I did not want to file a report about that store. I do want to file a report on that store, but as I have said repeatedly, this is the last of my priorities.

I also advised of your options for upgrading to the EVO LTE, by utilizing the buy-back program, in order to receive some sort of credit towards your purchase. Without speaking to you and being able to review your account, to see what options are available to you, I would not be able to let you know what I would be able to do for you. The $49.99 offer for the EVO LTE is something that was offered through the store, as this might have been running a special promotion at the time you visited that store location. The lowest price point that Sprint’s telesales or web sales departments has offered the EVO LTE, is $99.99, so $49.99 was never an offer we had directly from Sprint to our customers.

Actually, the $49 offer was online and instore. I know because I was also comparing Amazons sale prices. They were offering the EVO LTE at $79 to upgrade, Sprint.com was offering at $49.99. I don't know if you are miss informed, but I remember VERY CLEARLY that I had to Create a Sprint Online account to view my upgrade details. On creation of that online account, I learned that the sale price was $49.

Sprintcast wrote:

Without speaking to you and being able to review your account, to see what options are available to you, I would not be able to let you know what I would be able to do for you.

If you would like to discuss your options, I am more than willing to reach out to you to review them with you, but if you still wish to continue this discussion online, there are only limited offers or suggestion that I can present to you, because providing any customer account information online is prohibited. I am more than willing to work with you to accomplish a resolution for your issue, but I would need to review your account options with you offline.

You could have saved us both some time and agrivation had you stated this in the first place. When you asked for my phone number I assumed that you could access my account info from there as you didn't attempt to gather any other account information.

I find this post shocking. Not only did you not reply via PM, but you are arguing with me as to what I have previously stated. A mistake seeing that it is all recorded in plain text.

I previously asked to speak with your superior, and was ignored.

I am available from 9 am to 2 pm tomorrow if your manager would like to call me. I believe thats about 48 hours remaining.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.