Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemails not being saved to phone

Highlighted
Patron

Voicemails not being saved to phone

Hello,

My mother and I both have Android devices and are on Sprint, but I've just learned from her that her phone does not save her voicemails to her phone like mine does - a deficiency of her phone that she really dislikes.

We both have the same blue and yellow icon for the Voicemail app, but they behave differently.  When I click mine, I get a list of all the voicemails I have saved.  When I click hers, it calls voicemail directly.  I can not even access the app's settings, since it goes directly to the call.  She would like to have the ability to save her voicemails on the phone, but I could find no way to turn this feature on in the Sprint voicemail settings.  Can someone explain the difference between our app's behavior, and how to set hers to behave like mine?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Voicemails not being saved to phone

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that your mother is having issues with her voicemail app. Can you let us know what model phone she is using, so that we can look into this matter for her?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Patron

Thank you for your reply.  She is using an LG Marquee.

Wizard

Thanks for the information. Can you verify if she has the latest version of the visual voicemail app? Please open her voicemail app and press the menu key, select setting, update and check for updates now to make sure she has the latest version of that app.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Patron

Hi Morris,

This issue came to my attention because the voicemail app on her phone recently updated itself to the latest version (requiring her to reset her voicemail greeting).  As I was helping her with that, I learned that her app has never saved voicemails to the phone, instead dialing into voicemail directly, whenever opened.  I suspected that this was a setting, but could find no way to edit this setting through voicemail, and could not access the app's settings since it went straight to phone.  But, yes, she should be on the latest version in light of the recent update.  Any help would be appreciated.

Wizard

Thanks for providing an update. We may have to delete and the re-add her voicemail, since whenever a message is left it does not show in her visual voicemail screen, an allow her to listen to her voicemail from that screen. Please send a private message to me and I'll look into this for you.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.