cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATER DAMAGE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

WATER DAMAGE!

I have a Samsung Epic that was dropped in a toilet and now the screen has gone completley black. The phone still turns on, but the screen doesn't work. I don't have the funds to pay the $100 duductible, so if I take it to a Sprint store will they be able to repair it without me having to get a new phone?

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: WATER DAMAGE!

lynetteguillory,

Sorry to hear about that!  Unfortunately the store would not be able to perform any services on a phone that been damaged from liquid.  If you cannot pay the deductable at this time, I would recommend taking the back and battery off, putting the phone in a bag of dry white rice and letting it sit for about 24 hours until completely dry and test again.  If it still wont work, you would need to file a claim

Journeyman

Re: WATER DAMAGE!

Not neccessarily Unfortunately, Water damage cannot be fixed must go through insurance, However, have you tried to stick your phone is a bowl or bag or dry Rice, I did the same thing you did, but used dry rice with my battery out, and it worked and help me over til my upgrde hope this works.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.